Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The term 'shirt sales' should be viewed in a metaphorical, not literal sense.

The battle to elevate this club has had to have been fought on a number of fronts. Some people seem to forget how much this club has struggled for column inches down the years, even after the takeover to some extent. In spite of being the 'richest club in the world' we were never taken seriously.

That has all changed in the last two years. Manchester City Football Club is now one of the most talked about sporting entities on the planet. Is this down to one FA Cup and one Premier League title? To suggest so displays a complete failure to understand how the modern, digital world operates.

We have become a big story, not in spite of the egos but because of them and Mario has been the biggest ego and the biggest story of them all. He has helped accelerate our global presence and consequently our status within the game.

The struggle to make this club stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, itself a notion that would have been met with derision only a short time ago, has to be fought beyond the playing arena, for better or worse.

Mario's contribution on the pitch has been fitful at best but in his own way he has helped as much as any other player in making Sheikh Mansour's vision for Manchester City a reality.

He has helped make City truly 'Massive'.
True. It doesn't matter it's on-pitch or off-pitch, little by little, the players we have had brought in changed City in different aspects.

Not even just Mario. There were players like Robinho, Tevez whose reputation let other players know City mean business. Then, the coup of Silva and Yaya ushered in a whole new era.

despite his inconsistency for us, his discipline problems and antics off the field, I feel like we will regret selling him, perhaps and extended run in the side is what he needed, and he never got it. Could go on to become a great at Milan.

Intriguing situation this.

If Sheikhy and Mancini both see his worth and want to persevere with him, is it the Barca boys who want to get rid if the price is right? If so, will Mancini feel undermined?

My best guess is that Mancini will sanction a "paid loan" type arrangement with a recall being a real possibility if the potential becomes a reality.

So is he actually on his way? I'm can't really tell, seems like he might be staying still.

stonerblue said:
will you be really dissapointed if he stays with us and helps us win the league, again

I'll be seriously disappointed if he stays and ponces around all season only giving us about 3 or 4 really good performances, again.

BBC Sport's Simon Austin has spoken to AC Milan spokesman Riccardo Coli who has described reports linking Manchester City's Mario Balotelli with a move to the Milan club as "only rumours". He added no negotiations were taking place.

Why is everyone acting like he's gone?

All this reminds me of the Robinho saga.

I definitely want Ballotelli to stay if he is prepared to give it 100%. But if he wants to carry on posing and pissing about, I'll happily drive him to the airport myself.

moomba said:
ColinLee said:
I've not been through all 18 pages so apologies if it's been mentioned but it occurred to me this morning before the new reports coming out that it's gone very quite on the John Guidetti front. I'm thinking he's going nowhere as he's now our 4th striker replacing Mario.

Or, as stated by Mancini a few days ago he's not ready for senior football just yet.

I never said he'll be playing on Tuesday night, there's a lot of games to go yet. Plenty of time to get fit and make a contribution.

mammutly said:
All this reminds me of the Robinho saga.

I definitely want Ballotelli to stay if he is prepared to give it 100%. But if he wants to carry on posing and pissing about, I'll happily drive him to the airport myself.
He isn't going to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.