Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
andyhinch said:
Just driven pasted his house, the black bin was out and some lights were on inside

The lights may be on,but there's nobody home mate.
I have some flowers and a thank you card if you could drop them off when you pass next.
I'm missing him already.
I haven't felt this distraught since Stan Ogden passed away.
That is a very good description of Mario lol.

Churchill123 said:
what's the latest on this- is he actually going, or what.. keeping reading he's going but not sure if it's based on any facts at all?

No facts mate

Papers claim he had goodbye party last night but he was in training today and Platt claims he will be in team tomorrow

Disappointed to have got through 17 pages and he's still here.

sergiokun said:
Churchill123 said:
what's the latest on this- is he actually going, or what.. keeping reading he's going but not sure if it's based on any facts at all?

No facts mate

Papers claim he had goodbye party last night but he was in training today and Platt claims he will be in team tomorrow

So we either believe some tabloid hack,or our first team coach.
Ooh - it's a tough one...

Prestwich_Blue said:
bluenova said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
For a family as financially illiterate as yours it would be a (very lucrative) pleasure. ;-)

We paid £18m (€22m) on a 5 year contract for him 2.5 years ago. We amortise (write off to the P&L account) 18/5 (£3.6m) every year meaning we've written off £9m to date. This makes his net book value £9m. We calculate the profit on the sale price less net book value so if we get €24m (£20.5m) the profit we show, regardless of how Milan finance it, is £11.5m.

Don't like to be cheeky to a fellow Prestwich blue, but does it really make it a better deal because of the "accounting profits"? We still spent that money, even if it's been written off.

Given the up/down career he has had so far, getting more money than we paid for him is probably a good deal - but if you're paying £18m for a teenager then you're hoping he's going to be worth a lot more than that when you sell him. We could sell him for £10m and still make an 'accounting profit' - but it would be a travesty for a player who was one of the stars of the Euros last summer.
It's a fair question but the cash in or out is largely irrelevant and to get back what we paid for someone who really hasn't delivered on his promise is not bad. Plus there's a business decision to be made on a number of counts.

1) From a paying point of view we know what he CAN do but are we ever going to see him do it consistently?

2) Will he appreciate in value significantly? You could take a chance pre-Bosman but can't anymore. It's a bit like Deal Or No Deal but now the odds are in the player's favour.

3) We'd be looking at offering him a new contract or getting rid this summer as his value will start going down unless he delivers on the field (See 1)

4) FFP. We might need that profit to meet it.

5) We almost certainly need to sell before we buy. If we've got someone more reliable lined up it makes sense

I understand all that - and agree with each of your points which is why getting back our money is probably a good deal (although I suspect we'll replace him someone who costs more FFPwise).

I'm just suggesting that the £11m accounting profit isn't real. If we sold all our players half way through their contracts for what we paid for them we'd have a huge accounting profit, but in reality we'd have the same amount of money we started with :)

My personal opinion is I would be glad to see him go... We play better as a team without him (team performances this season back that up). He's made 2 appearances for the 1st team this season (According to Sky Sports).

It's clear he is a talent with huge potential... The problem is he doesn't want to play for MCFC. So it will be of Milan's benefit if he does go there as that is where he wants to be (In my opinion of course).

With him likely to depart, I wonder whether that means we are bringing a striker in. As that leaves us with 3 and if one gets injured/suspended/loss of form, then we could be in trouble.

More news ladies

Is this a sign Mario is leaving City? Kidd asks Balotelli for an autograph as Italian side renew efforts to buy striker

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2269531/Mario-Balotelli-close-AC-Milan-Italian-club-step-efforts-prise-Manchester-City-striker.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... riker.html</a>

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
andyhinch said:
Just driven pasted his house, the black bin was out and some lights were on inside

The lights may be on,but there's nobody home mate.
I have some flowers and a thank you card if you could drop them off when you pass next.
I'm missing him already.
I haven't felt this distraught since Stan Ogden passed away.
My thoughts to tbh, should I leave a reath ?

The term 'shirt sales' should be viewed in a metaphorical, not literal sense.

The battle to elevate this club has had to have been fought on a number of fronts. Some people seem to forget how much this club has struggled for column inches down the years, even after the takeover to some extent. In spite of being the 'richest club in the world' we were never taken seriously.

That has all changed in the last two years. Manchester City Football Club is now one of the most talked about sporting entities on the planet. Is this down to one FA Cup and one Premier League title? To suggest so displays a complete failure to understand how the modern, digital world operates.

We have become a big story, not in spite of the egos but because of them and Mario has been the biggest ego and the biggest story of them all. He has helped accelerate our global presence and consequently our status within the game.

The struggle to make this club stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, itself a notion that would have been met with derision only a short time ago, has to be fought beyond the playing arena, for better or worse.

Mario's contribution on the pitch has been fitful at best but in his own way he has helped as much as any other player in making Sheikh Mansour's vision for Manchester City a reality.

He has helped make City truly 'Massive'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.