Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

BlueHalli said:
Brendan110_0 said:
Can't see him leaving, Platt says he staying, Mancini says he's staying. Do we have another 22 year old who's happy to play 4th choice lined up? Nope, doesn't make sense to let a player go so late with no replacement, Aguero has had problems this season, Tevez could get 'taken out' Whelan style then we'd be donald ducked.
I don't know another 22 year old with the potential he has, for me we'd be letting him go at the wrong time, wait another season.

The reason he doesn't mind being fourth choice is because he doesn't give a fook .

source or it didnt happen?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The term 'shirt sales' should be viewed in a metaphorical, not literal sense.

The battle to elevate this club has had to have been fought on a number of fronts. Some people seem to forget how much this club has struggled for column inches down the years, even after the takeover to some extent. In spite of being the 'richest club in the world' we were never taken seriously.

That has all changed in the last two years. Manchester City Football Club is now one of the most talked about sporting entities on the planet. Is this down to one FA Cup and one Premier League title? To suggest so displays a complete failure to understand how the modern, digital world operates.

We have become a big story, not in spite of the egos but because of them and Mario has been the biggest ego and the biggest story of them all. He has helped accelerate our global presence and consequently our status within the game.

The struggle to make this club stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, itself a notion that would have been met with derision only a short time ago, has to be fought beyond the playing arena, for better or worse.

Mario's contribution on the pitch has been fitful at best but in his own way he has helped as much as any other player in making Sheikh Mansour's vision for Manchester City a reality.

He has helped make City truly 'Massive'.

Agreed

bluenova said:
I understand all that - and agree with each of your points which is why getting back our money is probably a good deal (although I suspect we'll replace him someone who costs more FFPwise).

I'm just suggesting that the £11m accounting profit isn't real. If we sold all our players half way through their contracts for what we paid for them we'd have a huge accounting profit, but in reality we'd have the same amount of money we started with :)
If your player sees out the contract, and leaves on a Bosman, they're worth nothing, so it is real. Because of that there is a reason to assume zero value at the end of the contract and therefore the idea that a player depreciates in value is correct. Most assets you buy depreciate. It's not some whimsical notion that only exists in football.

dave_blue12 said:

The battle to elevate this club has had to have been fought on a number of fronts. Some people seem to forget how much this club has struggled for column inches down the years, even after the takeover to some extent. In spite of being the 'richest club in the world' we were never taken seriously.

That has all changed in the last two years. Manchester City Football Club is now one of the most talked about sporting entities on the planet. Is this down to one FA Cup and one Premier League title? To suggest so displays a complete failure to understand how the modern, digital world operates.

We have become a big story, not in spite of the egos but because of them and Mario has been the biggest ego and the biggest story of them all. He has helped accelerate our global presence and consequently our status within the game.

The struggle to make this club stand shoulder to shoulder with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, itself a notion that would have been met with derision only a short time ago, has to be fought beyond the playing arena, for better or worse.

Mario's contribution on the pitch has been fitful at best but in his own way he has helped as much as any other player in making Sheikh Mansour's vision for Manchester City a reality.

Agreed

Check out the training session on citytv and what does the canadian kid tell mario? "Your the best player in canada"

edtheblue said:
Latest odds 1/12 to be a Milan player by end of transfer window,
And why do bookies all drive limos?

He's a 4/6 shot to go at best.

Is there an odds against to stay option?
If so,'ave it !

I've not been through all 18 pages so apologies if it's been mentioned but it occurred to me this morning before the new reports coming out that it's gone very quite on the John Guidetti front. I'm thinking he's going nowhere as he's now our 4th striker replacing Mario.

For me we're a fair way off being truly massive and we're not quite standing shoulder to shoulder with Madrid and Barça. At the moment we're just getting ahead of the levels Wolfsberg and Deportivo did when they were winning titles in their respective leagues. We're catching up all the time but stadium, stadium size, attendances, sustained challenging for honours, sustained success, youth development, revenue generated and to a lesser extent media interest(because we have become quite big in this area)... aren't massive club status yet.

As for Mario, City have said he's going nowhere this month but sometimes clubs say one thing and the opposite happens. But overall with Mario I'm fucking pissed off with him. I've never subscribed to the hugely overinflated hype that has followed him in his career so far; he has some talent but he's not world class and may never will be, but I do think he's a fairly good player with some great attributes and to be honest his application of putting those attributes to use on a regular basis have been unacceptable. He's never played well in two consecutive games for us, in fact his Good to Average to Shit ratio is probably something like GSSAAAASSGAGAAAAAASSGAAAAGSSAASG (you get my point :)!). Forget his childhood, forget the racist chants in Italy, how other players treat him (they've never been particularly bad with him anyway) or how refs treat him (another exaggeration) - forget all that - his actual application of himself to his own game and the team's game has not been good enough consistently. That's why he will leave (if he does).

As I say he's not a top class player and may never will be but he could have been a good player and I'm unhappy with him that he's not going to be that with us. I like him, I like what he's good at, I can ignore some of the bullshit that comes with him, but he's just not put himself into his job and hasn't taken his job professionally or seriously enough in his time here. If he has and that was actually him at his most professional serious, then the lad will struggle to even be a good player in his career.

ColinLee said:
I've not been through all 18 pages so apologies if it's been mentioned but it occurred to me this morning before the new reports coming out that it's gone very quite on the John Guidetti front. I'm thinking he's going nowhere as he's now our 4th striker replacing Mario.

Or, as stated by Mancini a few days ago he's not ready for senior football just yet.

dave_blue12 said:

Agreed

top post GGV.<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 pm --<br /><br />
TGR said:
The sooner he is gone the better for all concerned.

Bollox.

Has he gone yet OP? will you be really dissapointed if he stays with us and helps us win the league, again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.