Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

Tim of the Oak said:
The people who say Mario had only 3 good impacts as a Blus seem to be forgetting:

(A) The last minute winner vs Spurs.

(B) Standing up to Rio, Anderson and others at the end of the semi when he wouldn't be bullied; and

(C) Mario's failings as highlighted by Talk Shite were minor compared to the so called Sports Personality of the Year (of a couple of years ago) for services to marriages.

If Mario is going - and yes he hasn't been playing as well this year - then the fact that every opposition defender knows they can foul him repeatedly (e.g. Dortmund away and many others) without giving away a free kick or getting booked hasn't helped.

Thanks for the entertainment Mario if you do go.

Not a great defence LOL. 1 extra moment on the pitch!

Cant say I am happy with this or too disappointed either. Something inside says we should give him another chance. But we having been saying it for too long.

Also very unhappy that we will have only three strikers. Will we try to buy another before deadline day>?

Its right to thank Mario for what he has done but on the other hand there is an awful lot on the pitch he hasnt bloody done.
I will miss him a bit cos he's a character but I suspect there are many at the club that will be glad to get rid of him and personally I think the time is right.
If he stays, he is unlikely to feature much cos at the minute every time he gets a chance he doesnt look interested.
If he doesnt play, his value will go down.
Good luck to him but his playing elsewhere certainly wont do us any harm.

Will be gutted now if Mario does finally go just wished he could of shown his true potential at city.. Rags will love it now hes gone tho... Best place for him would be Juventus but have a feeling he will choose Milan.. All the best Mario..

hehe ....

so now we've gone from NO club talking to City about Mario (according to Platt) , to TWO clubs allegedly talking to them ....... except for the fact that Platt and Mancini reckon they know fuck all about it !

Hardly makes for a smooth ride , does it , all this cloak and dagger stuff ..... as if Mancini didn't have enough of that after he presented those in power with his expectant , and rather hopeful , summer wish list ..... a wish list that , in the end , probably yielded at least three players that he didn't really wish for !!!

As for the man himself , well he may or may not have nipped to Italy , he may or may not know more than he's letting on , and he may or may not play tomorrow ..... that's if he isn't mysteriously ill , or proceeds to vanish into thin air before kick off again !

lindy64 said:
Its right to thank Mario for what he has done but on the other hand there is an awful lot on the pitch he hasnt bloody done.
I will miss him a bit cos he's a character but I suspect there are many at the club that will be glad to get rid of him and personally I think the time is right.
If he stays, he is unlikely to feature much cos at the minute every time he gets a chance he doesnt look interested.
If he doesnt play, his value will go down.
Good luck to him but his playing elsewhere certainly wont do us any harm.

Probably all true. :(

Tim of the Oak said:
The people who say Mario had only 3 good impacts as a Blus seem to be forgetting:

(A) The last minute winner vs Spurs.

(B) Standing up to Rio, Anderson and others at the end of the semi when he wouldn't be bullied; and

(C) Mario's failings as highlighted by Talk Shite were minor compared to the so called Sports Personality of the Year (of a couple of years ago) for services to marriages.

If Mario is going - and yes he hasn't been playing as well this year - then the fact that every opposition defender knows they can foul him repeatedly (e.g. Dortmund away and many others) without giving away a free kick or getting booked hasn't helped.

Thanks for the entertainment Mario if you do go.

You should post more often.

Looks like he's on his way and I'm saddened - mainly as we just haven't seen the best of him wearing a City shirt.

Good luck Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.