Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

He has the talent not the brain, he has had no more of an impact than any other £25 mil striker would in the world. In fact he has had less alot less.It's a tragedy watching him waste his skills each season, if he were to mature and concentrate then keep him.
But we cannot keep letting him have an easy ride, he should be pushing for the main striker role every week, proving to the manager why he should be starting every week.

I can never see him being like that, just another kid who let the fame and money affect his job.

And others might just remember the two goals against the Germans in the Euro semi final and his efforts to stop school bullies and to promote darts.

djimaldblue said:
I'd rather have Mario in the tent spitting out rather than outside the tent spitting in.
I love the guy as he has brought rock and roll football to City and he's a character who shines through all the grey, dull stereotypical football icons we have in the game now.
He scored twice against the rags at Old Trafford and made Kun's goal that won us the league.
Sure he's made mistakes and has riled the manager on more than one occasion. But does that suddenly mean we should sell him?
I, for one, hope we keep him and he goes on to make idiots of the people who doubt him. Because he will come good sooner or later

Lets not forget his Man of the Match performance in the Cup Final win.My opinion is the same as this. The Game doesn't have enough characters at the moment and I too am convinced that nobody has really seen the best of what Mario has to offer.

I love Dzeko and I have the utmost respect of what Tevez has acheived at City overall but I really believe that long term its Mario who should stay and those two to make way for the Cavani/Falco type that we need to take on Europe's elite.

We all want Mario to succeed, but none of us would select him in the team.

It doesn't work playing him in front of Silva and Nasri. He doesn't have the movement and acceleration you need - neither does Dzeko.

We have 4 great strikers, but only Tevez and Aguero suit our style and Tevez seems to be getting slower every game I see.

Our forward play has let us down all season. I think we need changes in the Summer.

Marvin said:
We all want Mario to succeed, but none of us would select him in the team.

It doesn't work playing him in front of Silva and Nasri. He doesn't have the movement and acceleration you need - neither does Dzeko.

We have 4 great strikers, but only Tevez and Aguero suit our style and Tevez seems to be getting slower every game I see.

Our forward play has let us down all season. I think we need changes in the Summer.
Glad someone can speak for us all, when did you ask me exactly?

Hello guys, this is my first post but just wanted to say, i was at the landmark hotel today its where the team is staying for the night in london, saw everyone but mario.. could be he was in his room but just saying..

Mario seemed to play OK in the 6-1. Aguero is easier to play with than our other strikers because he will adjust his position to suit who he is playing with.

It was bit unlucky in the last Derby that Kun took a heavy touch when Mario put him through early on and They when straight up the other end and scored immediately. That said, Mario's repeated back heels into defenders legs justified his substitution in the end.

A fast skilful wide player would help whoever we put up front when the opposition defend deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.