Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

didactic said:
Theo555 said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Your example of Barcelona is, as you say, a poor one as they already were a globally recognised behemoth of a football club. To make the transformation we have from a team with Ched Evans and Michael Ball to one that is on everybody's lips was always going to take a number of factors: money, obviously; success on the pitch, clearly; but a global superstar was always going to accelerate that process. Balotelli is such a superstar, irrespective of his performances on the pitch. In fact it is even better then that: he has become a global superstar whist at this football cub.

You ask any eight year old to name a City player and I reckon 7 or 8 would say Mario. These kids are the future of this football club and will ensure that the battle for supremacy with united is an enduring rather than fleeting one.As to fans of other clubs talking about us, it matters in that it reflects our current status in the game. That matters to me. I was there when we were in the third tier of English football and I am enjoying the dividends now. The fact that fans of clubs who used to look down their noses at us and mock us are now casting envious gazes in our direction is something that I enjoy. If that makes me insecure, then so be it.

There are worse things in this world to be...

I understand your point but I think you are being rather presumtuous here.

I have literally just asked the class in front of me (27 12 year olds) to each name a city player

12 said Joe Hart
10 said Aguero
3 said Kompany
1 said Barry(?)
1 said Balotelli

He isn't as loved as you may of thought

You are a teacher and you do not know how to run an ACCURATE experiment? God help us all.

That's not an experiment. That's a survey. Surveys involve posing a question(s) and collating the responses. In that particular survey only 1 in the 27 children asked to "name a City player" came up with Mario Balotelli, which statistically, within that very narrow pool of participants, indicates Balotelli, whilst more popular than many City players (i.e. those whose name was not mentioned) is far less popular than some others. Quite what you felt was inaccurate about that very simplistic question and response process is beyond me.

Im sticking to my guns, Mario will still be here come Feb 1st. We would be stupid to sell him, Mario will become one of the all time greats he just needs to mature (something most of us were guilty for). If we sell him we'll regret it.

Matty said:
didactic said:
Theo555 said:

I have literally just asked the class in front of me (27 12 year olds) to each name a city player

12 said Joe Hart
10 said Aguero
3 said Kompany
1 said Barry(?)
1 said Balotelli

You are a teacher and you do not know how to run an ACCURATE experiment? God help us all.

That's not an experiment. That's a survey. Surveys involve posing a question(s) and collating the responses. In that particular survey only 1 in the 27 children asked to "name a City player" came up with Mario Balotelli, which statistically, within that very narrow pool of participants, indicates Balotelli, whilst more popular than many City players (i.e. those whose name was not mentioned) is far less popular than some others. Quite what you felt was inaccurate about that very simplistic question and response process is beyond me.

I'm interested to see if he responds, since he wouldn't explain first time round what was apparently "inaccurate".

Jnr Kisby said:
Im sticking to my guns, Mario will still be here come Feb 1st. We would be stupid to sell him, Mario will become one of the all time greats he just needs to mature (something most of us were guilty for). If we sell him we'll regret it.

Come on mate Mario must be 32 by now, oh wait just checked on Wiki he is only 22, oh how mature i bet we all were at 32 i mean 22

Matty said:
didactic said:
Theo555 said:

12 said Joe Hart
10 said Aguero
3 said Kompany
1 said Barry(?)
1 said Balotelli

Its inaccurate because for every survey you have to take all the other factors. Where was the question asked? Are all those children City fans? Who is favorite player to their parents? You need a much broader number of children and also the demographic matters. The sample size matters too.

didactic said:
Matty said:
didactic said:

Its inaccurate because for every survey you have to take all the other factors. Where was the question asked? Are all those children City fans? Who is favorite player to their parents? You need a much broader number of children and also the demographic matters. The sample size matters too.

Will a big shit do

Theo555 said:
didactic said:
Theo555 said:
What have I done that is not accurate? Please explain

350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

Please raise your hands and step away from the children. Put the book down and walk out backwards slowly.

Image does not work - I must be missing an in joke here

50/50 split on Tyler/Quinn...
50/50 split with an odd number of participants (27).

Interesting.....

Jnr Kisby said:

You're well within your rights and as someone has pertinently mentioned elsewhere in this thread, what Mario believes is a sideshow, has no real impact on the negotiation process.

However, the real show has been going on for weeks behind the scenes and it's playing out now.

City aren't stupid and are looking at a few things, but Mario staying is not an option we want to even contemplate at this stage.

The boy has gone, both in his own mind and what he has been doing behind the scenes.

We certainly wouldn't want Mario anywhere near here, after the window.

didactic said:
Matty said:
didactic said:

This is a wind up right? Fucking hell some people are too serious on here. Or maybe I've just been clarkied.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Theo555 said:
didactic said:
350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

Please raise your hands and step away from the children. Put the book down and walk out backwards slowly.

Image does not work - I must be missing an in joke here

50/50 split on Tyler/Quinn...
50/50 split with an odd number of participants (27).

Interesting.....
1 was undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.