Goodbye Mario? (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Goodbye Mario?

Milan and City are close to reaching an agreement for Balotelli, according to both Sky and GdS.

Im not sure what to think really, i think he is a great character, but that doesn't make him a great player.

It really pisses me off that he has just wasted his time here really - we know there is a top class player in there somewhere (the euros showed that), but realistically we can't keep paying him a fortune every week, and not playing him

We also can't risk any problems behind the scenes with him

Also the longer he stays without being played consistantly, his price can only come down?

Pigeonho said:
Jonathan Greening has a Champions League winners medal. Point being, he was part of a team who won it, not through being outstanding himself.

He must have just got lucky 7 or 8 times so far in his career.

Would you recognise he played a significant role in our title win last season and the cup win the season before?

On that basis Greening really a fair comparison to make?

Pigeonho said:
Jonathan Greening has a Champions League winners medal. Point being, he was part of a team who won it, not through being outstanding himself.

So Mario did not contribute to our PL title or our FA cup victory? Wow being MOTM must have confused me. The freekick he scored for Inter to win them a vital CL game had me confused that he contributed to their victory too. Anyway the media don't like him so those 2 goals in the Euros v Germany were obviously a fluke.

Should be playing for a pub team.

thedogsbollocks said:
I hope that in future we stick to signing players for footballing reasons instead off signing them for the fact they are a fcuking idiot who people claim raises the profile of the club and sells shirts because of their stupid off field antics. If it really is all about just raising Club profile and publicity, would we not be better off just signing David fcuking Beckham on silly wages? bring him and his attention seeking missus and sprogs with their Circus too town .We are guaranteed to never be out of the papers and sell a few shirts ?.I am being sarcastic here; the thought of that cnut in a City shirt makes me feel sick, but the point I am making stands. The old RAG cnut would be about as useful on the pitch as the lazy thick cnut

I never took to Mario from day one, but I was willing to give him a chance as did a lot of other fans just in case all the hype was true and he really was a flawed talent. I have made my mind up now, for me there were far too many lazy performances on the pitch that seemed to infect the team. I got the feeling some players could not be arsed to put a shift in if he started a match. I started to dread his name being on the team sheet, you come just to expect a lazy performance or straight red, and you just can't trust him when the chips are down, it makes him useless as a team player. I also think his attitude is poor his inclusion in the side gives opponents the initiative. They just get at him, and because he has the brain of a goldfish he bites every time.

Hopefully this is the final chapter with Mario and he will be soon off to Italy. I fully expect his career will nose dive and his value will depreciate quicker than the Greek Economy. Two or three year’s time he will either turn up in Russia, Turkey or just be dead.
I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting signing a player for PR reasons, but some players create publicity beyond their contribution on the pitch. Mario is such a player and I am certain that the people that control our football club will view his effect on the club's profile in highly positive terms.

There was a credibility issue around this club which no longer exists. No-one talks about us being small anymore. This is vital if we are to be on quality players' radars for reasons other than we are prepared to pay higher wages than anyone else.

Mario as been very much about raising the profile of this club, which will see the club, and therefore us supporters, reap the rewards for years to come.

didactic said:
thedogsbollocks said:
I hope that in future we stick to signing players for footballing reasons instead off signing them for the fact they are a fcuking idiot who people claim raises the profile of the club and sells shirts because of their stupid off field antics. If it really is all about just raising Club profile and publicity, would we not be better off just signing David fcuking Beckham on silly wages? bring him and his attention seeking missus and sprogs with their Circus too town .We are guaranteed to never be out of the papers and sell a few shirts ?.I am being sarcastic here; the thought of that cnut in a City shirt makes me feel sick, but the point I am making stands. The old RAG cnut would be about as useful on the pitch as the lazy thick cnut

I never took to Mario from day one, but I was willing to give him a chance as did a lot of other fans just in case all the hype was true and he really was a flawed talent. I have made my mind up now, for me there were far too many lazy performances on the pitch that seemed to infect the team. I got the feeling some players could not be arsed to put a shift in if he started a match. I started to dread his name being on the team sheet, you come just to expect a lazy performance or straight red, and you just can't trust him when the chips are down, it makes him useless as a team player. I also think his attitude is poor his inclusion in the side gives opponents the initiative. They just get at him, and because he has the brain of a goldfish he bites every time.

Hopefully this is the final chapter with Mario and he will be soon off to Italy. I fully expect his career will nose dive and his value will depreciate quicker than the Greek Economy. Two or three year’s time he will either turn up in Russia, Turkey or just be dead.

Hahaha this is the funniest post on here he has already far surpassed many players in achievement and talent and he is 22. Russia is where Eto'o is playing Turkey have Drogba and Sneijder. Balotelli has scored more goals in his City career than Welbeck in his United one yet you never hear such tripe about Danny from the scum fans.

Its posts like this that show me that media has brainwashed some of our "fans" what has he done to suggest he will be dead? Yes because buying camouflage Bentleys and fucking dumb bimbos leads to death. *shakes head*

It pales into significance when compared to 99.9% of yours.

moomba said:
Pigeonho said:

He must have just got lucky 7 or 8 times so far in his career.

Would you recognise he played a significant role in our title win last season and the cup win the season before?

On that basis Greening really a fair comparison to make?
No, he played for a club who happened to be winning things at that time, but it wasn't due to him being the main player in that. In regards to the cup and the league win here, he had an outstanding game in the semi and the final, as did Yaya and others. For the title he pushed a pass forward to Aguero, something people keep on going on about but like I said earlier, had he not been sent off on the occasions he was, maybe this 'talent' he supposedly has would have come into play and we would have won the games we didn't when he was missing, meaning we wouldn't have had to have waited until that last kick of the season. I wouldn't say he has played a significant role in anything, he's merely played his part but he could have done more.

sjk2008 said:
It pales into significance when compared to 99.9% of yours.

If you are going to be an attention seeking stalker and try to insult posters actually contributing to the thread get your english correct.

It pales IN significance when compared is what you should have said you halfwit.

This is why I do not take you seriously now stop talking to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.