Gordons last night

Re: BBGL we have done it - flights booked! please read pg 43

As long as I have supported this wonderful club, Blues have always been the same. If a kid needed coppers to get in the kippax, guys always put their hands in their pockets.

You never left a Blue in trouble, be it stuck for transport or 'out numbered'.

We still do this today. Tickets are sold to fellow Blues at face value, and lifts are still given,coaches cars and mini buses going out their way.

This effort for Gordon, just shows no matter what the financial position the club now finds its self we as supporters have not and will never loose our roots.

CTID

I Bloody love City, and our fantastic fans. Wish I was in a financial position to help get Gordon over. Am not, but you guys that have helped are bloody stars. Was brought up at my Grans, literally 150 metres behind the Platt Lane end. Dad a City fan, as was his Dad before him (never met him, died when my Dad was young, lung cancer, having served his country in WW2). He was a mechanic at the garage at the end of Dalton Ave (where we lived: No.29, nearest to the Platt Lane End, by that enormous bloody pink car park). Family went to NZ when I was a kid (12 at the time, almost 49 now), most of the family still there. But you never forget where you came from. And you never forget City! I'm back in the UK now, but darn sarth, in Dorset. Can't help causing shite down here when the scum have a little slip up, as against Bayern the other night though. Bwahahahahahahahaah. 'Where are you from' is the usual cry, possibly due to my half kiwi half manc accent. 'Manchester' I reply, 'where the f*** are you from?' Usual reply is 'Well I'm not making excuses, but..........' and then they do.
In summary, once a blue, always a blue. Good luck to ya Gordon, hope you have a great day, and most of all I hope you see the 'changing of the guard'. Always only ever been one team in Manchester, now the rest of the world is about to realise that. Have a great trip.

God does this make you proud to be Blue, excellent work TFS and Warpig and all who donated .

I reckon a 'Special Shambles Day for Gordon' should now be organised for say The Spurs game, this would really be a "Welcome back to Manchester" for Gordon.

Hoping I get a chance to meet Gordon.

Many Congrats again you Bluemooners are quality.

best 20 quid i ever spent, well done lads, city til we die.

So glad that i stuck a tenner in, i know its only a tenner but every little helps ( so say tesco) Really glad this has been sorted out and well done to every single one of us, and a special mention to the blues who sorted it out, well done guys.

I'd certainly have contributed , but i'm out of work , and financially stuck , with four mouths to feed , and the bills mounting up ... so it just hasn't been possible this time.

A fantastic effort from all concerned though , you've done the lad , and City , proud.

ianw16 said:
He was a mechanic at the garage at the end of Dalton Ave (where we lived: No.29, nearest to the Platt Lane End, by that enormous bloody pink car park).

My Gran and Grandad (Olive and Rodney Renshaw) lived at no 14 (I think) Dalton Avenue from the start of the war through to the 90's and he took me to my first game in the early 70's. - did you know them? My Mum and Uncle were called Barbara and Jack...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.