Got rats !

We have them in the town centre in Oldham. Sometimes have to pick my way over their bloodied squashed corpses on my way to work.
Joking aside, I've seen many dead rats in the roads in this town centre (morning time, before the council cleaners get to make them disappear). Many more than when I lived and worked in Bury town centre ( just 1 squashed corpse in decades).
I've even seen 3 live ones in the last year. All in broad daylight. 1 was scuttling under cars near my flat and the other 2 were running between shrubs, 1 in the gardens at the front of the library and another doing similar near the tramstop at Oldham Mumps.

Major rat problem locally. Taken the housing association two years and counting to deal with a handful of nests.

It's bigger than that tho. They are a regular site outside Morrisons.

Sort of speaks to me about the disrepair of this country and lack of care for the environment and healthy living.

I'd love to think this was the high tide moment. Because I don't know what anyone else sees when they are out and about, and the thought that people are switched off and thinking about other things, that they don't associate their immediate surroundings and so on as the proper job of local and national government..... will this country ever snap out of this spell? We'll have to wait and see.

Major rat problem locally. Taken the housing association two years and counting to deal with a handful of nests.

It's bigger than that tho. They are a regular site outside Morrisons.

Sort of speaks to me about the disrepair of this country and lack of care for the environment and healthy living.

I'd love to think this was the high tide moment. Because I don't know what anyone else sees when they are out and about, and the thought that people are switched off and thinking about other things, that they don't associate their immediate surroundings and so on as the proper job of local and national government..... will this country ever snap out of this spell? We'll have to wait and see.
Yeah, there seems to be a disconnect with other things doesn't there.
Where I live is just off the main drag where there is a Wetherspoons and then pubs and loads of other food shops and takeaways.
The rats are thriving in that environment.

After a game at the Etihad we often stay in a Premier Inn, one night we chose Salford Quay. As we drove into the car park the headlights picked out hundreds of beady eyes. Rats in Salford! Who’d a thunk it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.