Gout

To be fair mate I gave up drinking completely last year (apart from one champions league final related wobble) and my gout hasn't improved at all. I'm still taking allopurinol, if I stop taking it, the gout comes back.
So for me at least, it's not drink related.
when my gout first started and was diagnosed years ago,i was offered allopurinol,my dad had been taking it then for years and it helped him,i declined because at the time i thought it was too young for me to start taking a daily tablet for the rest of my life

fast forward a few years from that,and i had been given different anti inflammatories,some worked some didnt
then around 2012,i was having an awful gout attack,had an emergency appointment at my doctors,i had to see any doctor,not my regular doc,this new doc prescribed me allopurinol,like a fool,i took it
it enflamed the gout 10 fold
NEVER take alloprinol when you are having an attack,you must be clear before starting to take it
to this day,i don't know why that doctor prescribed it to me

it put me off alloprinol,but i had to take it a few years ago when i was getting gout attacks every 4 to 6 weeks
I'v now got it in my system and it appears to be working for me

only problem,I now have osteoarthritis in both my feet !

when my gout first started and was diagnosed years ago,i was offered allopurinol,my dad had been taking it then for years and it helped him,i declined because at the time i thought it was too young for me to start taking a daily tablet for the rest of my life

fast forward a few years from that,and i had been given different anti inflammatories,some worked some didnt
then around 2012,i was having an awful gout attack,had an emergency appointment at my doctors,i had to see any doctor,not my regular doc,this new doc prescribed me allopurinol,like a fool,i took it
it enflamed the gout 10 fold
NEVER take alloprinol when you are having an attack,you must be clear before starting to take it
to this day,i don't know why that doctor prescribed it to me

it put me off alloprinol,but i had to take it a few years ago when i was getting gout attacks every 4 to 6 weeks
I'v now got it in my system and it appears to be working for me

only problem,I now have osteoarthritis in both my feet !
Normally put you on Colchicine as a introduction to allopurinol.

Is that the stuff between the tiles? I don't mind that...I don't know what y'all moaning about. It looks like a neat and tidy job if you get it right.

colchicine never ever worked for me,once during an attack i was given that,and i honestly thought i'd been given a placebo or something ,it was that ineffective for me.
I’m thinking exactly the same thing. Three days in and I can’t feel any difference. These episodes are getting more frequent so I think I may need some on going treatment

I’m thinking exactly the same thing. Three days in and I can’t feel any difference. These episodes are getting more frequent so I think I may need some on going treatment
Tried Allopurinol years ago with no difference in the amount of attacks so went off them and just took diclofenac every time i had an attack. Went back to the Doc again around 4 years ago and he prescribed the allopurinol again just a bit higher dosage and just stuck with it....never had an attack since. Maybe just worth sticking with it....i was about to give up on it again but so glad i stuck with it......horrible thing to keep occurring and feel for those that constantly suffer from it.

Dont forget,you can take paracetemol too ,along with the anti inflammatories.
maybe you need to speak to your doc and try a different rememdy,diclofenic never worked for me,arcoxia worked great but stopped doing anything for me after a few years
naproxen eventually helped me before going on allopurinol

Still having repeated flare ups of gout since the summer. As I take lithium the GP won’t prescribe anti inflammatory drugs and will only give me colchecine which doesn’t really work. Last week he’s finally conceded to prescribing allopurinol but he wants the gout to stabilise first. I don’t see how thats going to happen on colchecine - has anyone taken an alternative to colchecine or anti inflammatory drugs to get over the flare up?

Still having repeated flare ups of gout since the summer. As I take lithium the GP won’t prescribe anti inflammatory drugs and will only give me colchecine which doesn’t really work. Last week he’s finally conceded to prescribing allopurinol but he wants the gout to stabilise first. I don’t see how thats going to happen on colchecine - has anyone taken an alternative to colchecine or anti inflammatory drugs to get over the flare up?
Cherry juice is a natural anti inflammatory and ant oxidant,it contains compounds that may help reduce your symptoms.Ensure you drink plenty of water too to flush your system.

Have you altered your diet at all in an effort to reduce/alleviate symptoms?

Cherry juice is a natural anti inflammatory and ant oxidant,it contains compounds that may help reduce your symptoms.Ensure you drink plenty of water too to flush your system.

Have you altered your diet at all in an effort to reduce/alleviate symptoms?
I bought cherry juice rather than orange n had glass every morning, changed diet, cut back little in ale, not had bout for few years now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.