Greg Cunningham...

carpenterc said:
i dont know what our academy coaches do but they need to learn them how to defend!!! only boyata can probaly defend :/ cunningham he is poor, he is slow, weak, cant tackle, all i can hope for is that he improves. cunningham is 19 and is no where near as good as gibbs who is 20. guidetti looks good and would of done alot better if he played upfront in is normal position instead of mancini putting 1 upfront and that was santa cruz who is useless.

Gibbs is 21 and has got more game time than Cunningham has done over the years at Arsenal. At 19 the kid will have some shit days were he cant do anything right and then some good days. But none of last nights defence had any chance of doing much as they must of only played what 10 games between them at the most for the first team.

leighton said:
carpenterc said:
i dont know what our academy coaches do but they need to learn them how to defend!!! only boyata can probaly defend :/ cunningham he is poor, he is slow, weak, cant tackle, all i can hope for is that he improves. cunningham is 19 and is no where near as good as gibbs who is 20. guidetti looks good and would of done alot better if he played upfront in is normal position instead of mancini putting 1 upfront and that was santa cruz who is useless.

Gibbs is 21 and has got more game time than Cunningham has done over the years at Arsenal. At 19 the kid will have some shit days were he cant do anything right and then some good days. But none of last nights defence had any chance of doing much as they must of only played what 10 games between them at the most for the first team.
Gibbs is 20

simonr555 said:
I know this isn't a thread on Ben Mee, but how did he play last night? I don't really rate Cunnigham or Mee but think Mee is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen.

As much as I don't like to put players down I have to agree with regards to Mee. He is a very poor player, especially in regards to his positional sense.
Maybe he can improve, but I am not sure it will be a City.

turts said:
cleavers said:
This thread, should he see it, will no doubt do his confidence a world of good.
well said, typical city fans

we pay our money to voice an opinion. he wouldnt have a wage if we didnt go to the games and he hasnt had one good game for us yet. you can sometimes tell with players even if they dont play to well that they have potential. he hasnt shown any potential yet

gio's side step said:
Look, can we have some fucking realism here.

Good enough for who and what? I went last night. He was very poor. I accept he is a young player, and of course I support City giving youth a chance, but he, Mee, Vidal, Ibrahim, Guidetti, are no better than the likes of Croft, Flood, Miller, Ethuhu etc.

Arsenal produce Gibbs. Who is about 4 leagues better than Cunningham. Add to that Wilshire, and the others. So yes, it's all well and good giving these players a chance, but they will end up with the majority of others who have come through.

Playing in the first and second division.

I'd agree with that. I don't think any of them players will be Premier League players in their careers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.