Greg Cunningham...

Sorry Gibbs is going on 21 in 3 days time. He still has played more first team football than Cunningham has done in the last 3 years or so. As others has said give the lad time to know the game and get used to playing with the first team.

Boyata seems like he could potentially be a PL CB.

Cunningham is nowhere near being a PL fullback, and frankly I don't see him getting there. I want to be nice and support the young players, but not seeing much hope for this one.

Stillsy said:
hrmm i know this may sound silly but name me one irish defender in the last 10 years that would make our current side?

It does sound silly you're right, it also sounds like you have an agenda against Irish defenders by writing that.

I'm happy to let the lad develop, and make a judgement when he's ready for first team action, which is not what he's had so far, and clearly he isn't ready for, but of course crucifying the lad at 19 is really going to help him develop eh ?

cleavers said:
Stillsy said:
hrmm i know this may sound silly but name me one irish defender in the last 10 years that would make our current side?

It does sound silly you're right, it also sounds like you have an agenda against Irish defenders by writing that.

I'm happy to let the lad develop, and make a judgement when he's ready for first team action, which is not what he's had so far, and clearly he isn't ready for, but of course crucifying the lad at 19 is really going to help him develop eh ?

Iv nothing wrong with the irish if thats what you thought i meant but there just isnt any good irish defenders these days and they deffinately arent good enough for our first team.

Not one of those youngsters apart from Boyata [who is real top quality imo]will make a living as a premier league player.Was at the game and the fullbacks especially Vidal were woeful.Ben Mee is nowhere near good enough and won't even make a championship player and after listening to Guidietti talk himself up i was really underwhelmed will never make it because he makes Gaz Baz look as pacy as Walcott!!!

howfen blue said:
Not one of those youngsters apart from Boyata [who is real top quality imo]will make a living as a premier league player.Was at the game and the fullbacks especially Vidal were woeful.Ben Mee is nowhere near good enough and won't even make a championship player and after listening to Guidietti talk himself up i was really underwhelmed will never make it because he makes Gaz Baz look as pacy as Walcott!!!

Guidetti slow?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/City-EDS-v-Arsenal-highlights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highl ... highlights</a>

and away

howfen blue said:

I must agree, i've seen the reserves a few times, tutte nimley and boyata are the only ones close to the 1st team. Cunningham is a poooooooor man's wayne bridge who is a poor man's poor man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.