Gregg Wallace

John Torode - he’s a bit of an odd one as well.

I went to his restaurant or former restaurant a couple of times a while back (Smiths of Smithfield), and he was there walking the floor, so to speak.

He had a really unusual manner about him; hard to explain but he used to come up to the table to make odd comments, and he had this strange habit of staring at you vacantly for an uncomfortably long period before he said anything. He obviously really fancied himself and I stopped going after one particular episode.
He's got a lovely wife and they have no chemistry at all - they have their own show (which my wife occasionally watches from bed on a Saturday morning, keeping on track with the thread). He has some of the owrst dress sense I've ever seen, dressing like a man half his age.

I went to his restaurant or former restaurant a couple of times a while back (Smiths of Smithfield), and he was there walking the floor, so to speak.

He had a really unusual manner about him; hard to explain but he used to come up to the table to make odd comments, and he had this strange habit of staring at you vacantly for an uncomfortably long period before he said anything. He obviously really fancied himself and I stopped going after one particular episode.

It was on telly?

Are you sure he didn't fancy you?

He's got a lovely wife and they have no chemistry at all
So it’s not just me who thinks that afterall ! I find it a bit uncomfortable at times watching them.

Greg Wallace has a health app, thinks he’s got a six pack at 18% body fat, complains that his belly is bloated, something tells me that app isn’t going to trouble the best sellers list any time soon, but that’s just the Cherry on top of a massive ‘shit father and husband trifle’, words fail me.

Haha, that's pretty much word for word how he behaved when I was there. He also made comments that had no relation to anything that was being said, when I said my meal was good he replied with "when life gives you lemons..." and walked away. Would of half made sense if I was eating a dessert or something, I was having lamb
With me, the last time I went there, he kept on coming up to the table saying ‘hope you get a good deal’. Really odd.

I had to tell him to leave us alone in the end.

Never been a fan and not sure why he's given any credibility. The best of it all is that he has an MBE.

His only credentials are that he was a greengrocer but all of his greengrocer and restaurant businesses have failed.

He's now trying his hand at fitness and predictably he's suddenly an expert and is using that to sell fitness 'stuff'. The 'stuff' part is basically you pay him money and he tells you to eat less.

I wish I could sit on my arse in a Harvester at breakfast on a weekday and write about it but anyway back to work....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.