Grenfell Tower block disaster

Take your anti poor views and stuff them where the sun don't shine,your on ignore so don't reply

There's no need for that.. you just proved you can't have a civilised debate.

This isn't about anti anything.. a man or woman can lose everything in 1 day yet doesn't get any help like each resident of Grenfell will.. why does 1 person mean less than 100?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3850974/grenfell-tower-fire-residents-given-luxury-flats-kensington/

Who's going to pay for this? yes that's right.. the taxpayer ! how is that fair to people who worked their whole life just to pay the bills and can never afford something like this? yes give them similar "safe" accommodation but don't go overboard for popularity like the government are doing here

It could encourage people from poor backgrounds who live in poor conditions to start a fire deliberately though to get some of the luxury penthouse flats above.. that is my point. Nobody begrudges anyone getting rehoused in similar conditions but "safe" this time.
WTF?? They're not being re-housed in luxury penthouses but in social-housing apartments in the same development. Did you actually read the article, it's the Sun it can't be that hard.

I have every sympathy for them for their losses karen and understand the need to re-house them quickly but it's just wrong to put them up in ridiculously-priced accommodation, they don't NEED to be in places the normal working person could never dream of buying.

I agree with this. I know a lot of media outlets have sensationalised the flats as luxury pads, when in reality they're not (they were always earmarked for sale to a housing association).

What I can't really understand is people lauding 10 million quid for 68 apartments as a good deal.

What would that buy elsewhere in the country? A damn sight more is the answer.

If the people in Grenfell tower had big family connections in the local area and had been there decades then fair enough, rehouse them locally. Quite a few of the people highlighted in media reports, however, had been there a matter of months.

A horrible, horrible tragedy, but questions need to be raised about public housing in this country.

I cannot afford to live in Kensington (or London for that matter). I have to work crazy hours to afford where I do live, in one of the cheaper places in the UK. I don't see why these people have a right to be housed in one of the most expensive boroughs in the country.

Like I say, an awful sequence of events - heads must roll and proper lessons learned. If there are grounds for criminal charges for people involved, they should be pursued relentlessly.

I just think that in our efforts to be seen as progressive as a country, society is becoming increasingly unfair. If lefties can't stomach that then sorry, but that's my opinion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3850974/grenfell-tower-fire-residents-given-luxury-flats-kensington/

Who's going to pay for this? yes that's right.. the taxpayer ! how is that fair to people who worked their whole life just to pay the bills and can never afford something like this? yes give them similar "safe" accommodation but don't go overboard for popularity like the government are doing here

It could encourage people from poor backgrounds who live in poor conditions to start a fire deliberately though to get some of the luxury penthouse flats above.. that is my point. Nobody begrudges anyone getting rehoused in similar conditions but "safe" this time.
The flats that are being bought are the "affordable housing" ones in the development not the penthouses. They're being bought for around £150K each. 68 flats for £10m. Don't know what the fuss is about.

That's an average price per apartment of just over £147,000, that's a decent price for a 2-bed apartment in central Manchester let alone Kensington. I'd say it's a very good deal.
Certainly is. I understand they're paying cost price rather than market value so fair play to the developer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.