Grenfell Tower block disaster

There would be whats called a PDA(Pre determined attendance) for a fire to a high rise building. Initial turnout Possibly 3 pumps and an aerial platform, Some of the guys who work in the fire service on here would know. The incident commander would then decide what additional resources he needed. A systemic failure is just a nice way of saying " we'll skimp on the fire brigade budget and then hope nothing comes back to bite us on the arse". Fighting fires in high rise is no simple task without the added problems of it being wrapped in accelerant material. Doubt if Sir Martin Moore-Bick ever risked his life to save anyone or anything.
Fine. you obviously don't want to see eye to eye with me. I'm not going to argue the point all night with you, particularly as I've called out other posters for getting into tit for tat arguments on here. I'll leave it at that.

Having spoken to a colleague in the northern ireland fire service he tells me the PDA for an occupied high rise ( if 4 or more calls are made to the emergency services for the same building) is 8 pumps and an aerial platform. Also there would be a pre fire plan specific to that building as well. Would seem like an adequate initial response.

What happened 3 years ago was a very tragic event.

3 full years later we still have a large number of tower blocks that are clad in the same or very similar material. Can you imagine having to live in one of those blocks ?
People are unable to sell the flat as obviously no one will buy them, so every night they go to bed wondering if someone has a faulty gas fire or is cooking chips, or will they wake up in the morning.
That the government, (and I am a conservative voter) have not sorted this situation out is disgraceful.

What happened 3 years ago was a very tragic event.

3 full years later we still have a large number of tower blocks that are clad in the same or very similar material. Can you imagine having to live in one of those blocks ?
People are unable to sell the flat as obviously no one will buy them, so every night they go to bed wondering if someone has a faulty gas fire or is cooking chips, or will they wake up in the morning.
That the government, (and I am a conservative voter) have not sorted this situation out is disgraceful.

The fact that the majority of people from Grenfell have yet to be rehoused is a disgrace.... the failure to fund the stripping of this cladding from other buildings is a disgrace.(do it and argue about who's responsibility it is later) The defunding of the fire service is a disgrace The closure of 10 London fire stations is a disgrace. The sale of the contract to maintain the London Fire brigades vehicles to one of Johnsons mates for £2 is a disgrace. (they charge back £1.5 million every six months)

The fact that people continue to vote Conservative is a disgrace.

Last edited:
The sale of the contract to maintain the London Fire brigades vehicles to one of Johnsons mates for £2 is a disgrace. (they charge back £1.5 million every six months)

The face that people continue to vote Conservative is a disgrace.

Do you think it would be different under Labour? They are all the same and will look after their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51298128

Do you think it would be different under Labour? They are all the same and will look after their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51298128

Too bloody right, Alf. No one wants to pay the full price for effective public service whichever 'wing' of the political spectrum they are on. I worked with a colleague who was a councillor and on the GM transport committee. He had a few jollies to LA and Munich, and he visited the latter to see about their tram system, long before we got the Metro. He asked a question about who paid for this bit of infrastructure. He received the most puzzling of looks from the person to whom he addressed the question. "The Land pays so many DM's and the Federal Govt pays the rest." The puzzled look was along the lines of "Isn't that the way everybody does it?"

So 3 years on and still no end to this disaster. 23 000 building still with dangerous cladding. Typical of this lot, no action, 'waiting' for recommendations are they so they can be ignored?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.