Greta Thunberg

OK then, she has no credibility with me and many others who don't buy into the climate agenda. If she and all her acolytes really wanted to be taken as serious protesters they would go to he countries I mentioned and protest there, but they won't will they.
..are you going with the flat Earth theory too?

And it’s not just about climate change. It would be far more straightforward if it was. It’s also about depleting the planet’s resources (and how that will play out geopolitically and militarily when they start to run out), overpopulation, polluting the air and the oceans, devastating wildlife.

Reducing the debate to climate change is insanely simplistic.

I personally think the climate change part of it is not the most consequential for us, or the planet. The planet will recover from the effects of climate change eventually, but possibly not from the impact of our consumption if it goes on for long enough.

Last edited:
If the police don't understand how it should be correctly applied, it's bad law.

Glad to know you're pleased she was acquitted.

The judge had no issue understanding the law.

Stating;

“There was no evidence of any vehicles being impeded, no evidence of any interference with emergency services, or any risk to life."

I’m not a trained police officer but even I can fully understand the necessary conditions to be able to legally interfere with an otherwise legal protest. Not sure why the CPS pursued it if the evidence was so non existent. Perhaps because of who she is?

I’m glad when anyone innocent is served the correct justice.

By and large the lawyers and police I know dislike ambiguously drafted laws especially if they appear in conflict with or overlap other statute or common law. I know a number who would consider this bad law. Misapplication isn't a guarantee a law is bad but it is often a pointer.

I wouldn’t disagree with any of that. In this specific case, however, there is no evidence (at least in the article, maybe elsewhere?) to suggest it was caused by confusion or uncertainty of the law itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.