Greta Thunberg

Haha, you literally have no answer to any real debate on the topic. Exactly like we've seen on this thread generally, your only response is to label those that disagree with you because you can't actually address their arguments. As soon as anyone asks you a difficult question, you stick your fingers in your ears and flounce off the thread.

Calm down ffs.

The heat coming off your face is probably not helping rising temps.

You didn't ask me a difficult question, you asked me had I read the report and i very clearly and easily said no.

Im still here btw so your little red faced rant about fingers in ears and flouncing was not only pathetic, it was wrong.

Again, laughable denialism. As if the last 5 decades of research hasn't been done against the misinformation of special-interest groups from your side of the debate. As if it hasn't been a constant struggle against the lobbying of huge petrochemical companies, mining companies, and all manner of other groups whose business model depends on exploiting the planet's resources. Getting governments and industry to agree that man made climate change is an issue has been a constant fight against all of the things you now claim are backing it. You're literally just rewriting history to fit in with your political views, making yourself the victim of a conspiracy rather than admitting that you've blatantly lost the debate badly. Even the South Park writers were big enough to admit it in the end, and they'd done a whole series about what a crock of shit it was.

And let's be clear here, you're refusing to read something that might challenge your position, purely on the vague hunch (no evidence presented) that it might be funded by someone that has an interest in a particular result.

But just out of interest, if it's all a conspiracy to make money, then why do you call on the government to do something, rather than just cancel the whole damn thing? After all, all these extinctions are just natural, right?

Do you drive a car

Love a good study.

Climate change over the next 20 years could result in a global catastrophe costing millions of lives in wars and natural disasters..

A secret report, suppressed by US defence chiefs and obtained by The Observer, warns that major European cities will be sunk beneath rising seas as Britain is plunged into a 'Siberian' climate by 2020. Nuclear conflict, mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2004/feb/22/usnews.theobserver

So only a year left.

Much like the brexit debate, its become religious in its fervour and cult like in its demands of everyone and the protestations of doom.

No sensible debate to be had, just screaming of the end of the world and the painting of a doomsday scenario unless you do exactly what they say and agree completely with them.

Already said we have had an impact on global warming without a doubt and changes need to be made. Already said that as a family we recycle where possible. We take public transport where we can and ditch the car, a small 1.2 petrol btw as we fucked the 2.0 diesel off. We holiday in the UK so no flights abroad.....i could go on.

No...I'm a climate change denier, a gammon, part of a particular demographic eh @Ric? and to be shouted at on Bluemoon lol because I wont tow the line fully.

Its a real joy this sub forum ;-)

So long as you are right, no problem then (unless it continues to accelerate & millions die).

If however, you are wrong, unfortunate but hey ho.

I think to sum up his point it is basically

I'll be dead if it ever happens so dont give a shit

It the environment gets fucked a bit so what chippy towers will be okay

I don't like paying green tax and don't like being inconvenienced

Tech may solve the problem so I can use this crystal ball analysis as a get out clause to my general selfish attitude.

Much like the brexit debate, its become religious in its fervour and cult like in its demands of everyone and the protestations of doom.

No sensible debate to be had, just screaming of the end of the world and the painting of a doomsday scenario unless you do exactly what they say and agree completely with them.

Already said we have had an impact on global warming without a doubt and changes need to be made. Already said that as a family we recycle where possible. We take public transport where we can and ditch the car, a small 1.2 petrol btw as we fucked the 2.0 diesel off. We holiday in the UK so no flights abroad.....i could go on.

No...I'm a climate change denier, a gammon, part of a particular demographic eh @Ric? and to be shouted at on Bluemoon lol because I wont tow the line fully.

Its a real joy this sub forum ;-)

Fella this isn't really about you doing something it's about making governments do something.

Fella this isn't really about you doing something it's about making governments do something.

Which was exactly the point i made yesterday to im with stupid only to be rounded on lol.

I think to sum up his point it is basically

I'll be dead if it ever happens so dont give a shit

It the environment gets fucked a bit so what chippy towers will be okay

I don't like paying green tax and don't like being inconvenienced

Tech may solve the problem so I can use this crystal ball analysis as a get out clause to my general selfish attitude.

I don't know enough about this, to know for sure, that the catastrophe predicted, will occur, or if it does occur, whether it will be the catastrophe predicted or just an incovenience, etc etc.

What I do know, is that if I was about to cycle down a steep mountain road & out of two experts, one tells me my bicycle is fine, the other tells me that if I don't get my brake cables fixed, I will fly off the edge & die, halfway down, I get my brake cables fixed, even if it's fucking expensive.

I don't know enough about this, to know for sure, that the catastrophe predicted, will occur, or if it does occur, whether it will be the catastrophe predicted or just an incovenience, etc etc.

What I do know, is that if I was about to cycle down a steep mountain road & out of two experts, one tells me my bicycle is fine, the other tells me that if I don't get my brake cables fixed, I will fly off the edge & die, halfway down, I get my brake cables fixed, even if it's fucking expensive.

Chippy would be more of his mechanic(and pool boy) tell him his brakes could fail at 100,000 miles so he needs to sort it with an expensive upgrade. 100000 miles? Says chippy, dear boy a poor person will be driving it at that point. Now clean those gutters as asked and no you can’t have a ladder.

It’s a 100 experts and 99 tell you to fix the cable, the other one is Dumb Donald’s son and he informs you it’s all bollocks and is your wife home alone tonight:-)

It’s a 100 experts and 99 tell you to fix the cable, the other one is Dumb Donald’s son and he informs you it’s all bollocks and is your wife home alone tonight:-)

The weather appears to be getting stranger & the evidence appears to follow the more pessimistic predictions, so I don't understand the sense in ignoring it. If we go all in & the government takes the lead, I'll follow it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.