Greta Thunberg

Probably showing the same contempt for her she has for him.

Humans are like that.

Your post backs up what damocles says though and why she is the front as anyone who dares to question her or argue is deemed an evil **** automatically.

No. You can argue or disagree with her and it can be done with respect and good manners. Being a twat about it is not compulsory.

Yeah that's exactly what it was doing.

You offered two scenarios and then said either way it shows what a morally bankrupt **** he is.

You saw her face yesterday when he walked in? Her right and no law to say she has to like him but the same goes for him, like it or not.

16 year old girl with asperger's and a 73 year old man with a career in business and politics ( and according to himself a worthy recipient of the Nobel peace prize) you're expecting the same standards from?

16 year old girl with asperger's and a 73 year old man with a career in business and politics ( and according to himself a worthy recipient of the Nobel peace prize) you're expecting the same standards from?

"16 year old girl with aspergers"

Yes we know which begs the question why its brought up every single time?

She wants the political stage with world leaders she can have it and all that goes with it yes?

"16 year old girl with aspergers"

Yes we know which begs the question why its brought up every single time?

She wants the political stage with world leaders she can have it and all that goes with it yes?

Ok forget the asperger's. You're ok with trump behaving like a 16 year old are you?

No. You can argue or disagree with her and it can be done with respect and good manners. Being a twat about it is not compulsory.

Completely agree.

I saw little of either from her yesterday and none in the reply from the POTUS but i explained why as people arguing often leads to neither being on display as can be seen by this sub forum the majority of the time.

Ok forget the asperger's. You're ok with trump behaving like a 16 year old are you?

No he is a twat but ive little doubt he saw the footage of her when he arrived and he is never going to miss the opportunity of giving it back is he?

Completely agree.

I saw little of either from her yesterday and none in the reply from the POTUS but i explained why as people arguing often leads to neither being on display as can be seen by this sub forum the majority of the time.

She’s a moody teen, Trump is a moody teen. Everyone playing to type.

Mind you I also have my ‘moody teen’ moments :)

She’s a moody teen, Trump is a moody teen. Everyone playing to type.

Mind you I also have my ‘moody teen’ moments :)

Dont we all lol.

This place is fucking murder for bringing out the very worst in all of us.

The Chinese Govt is authoritarian. Left/Right is somewhat irrelevant. As for the answer to a degree we are heading the right way. Phasing out of fossil fuels, stricter emission controls, electric cars, energy saving lights, investment in renewable energy etc. We can all do our bit but the real change will come at a macro level and Govts cooperating internationally or putting pressure on reluctant Govts. Even the Chinese have figured out having large swathes of their population breathing toxic air is not sustainable going forward.

We still have to get round the Trumps and general conservative/right wing hostility to concern for the planet but that is hardly new. Personally I never got why campaigning to keep our air unbreathable or generally fucking up the planet has such a determined support base but there you go. One of life’s eternal mysteries I guess.

The protest movement though demands instant change, not phasing.

Micro level change is irrelevant, the UK is responsible for barely 1% of the total CO2 output. What can the UK government do beyond reduce its contribution within its 1% sphere? What are the people on the streets expecting to happen?

I'm not saying to ignore it, I don't subscribe to Trumpesque denial. I am merely just saying that we should resign ourselves to the fact that change will take a very, very long time. It will only change faster through scientific effort or radical solutions.

Time is apparently not on our side and so if radical change is needed then the inevitable fact is that this will have an immediate brutal effect on society and this is not being communicated honestly by campaigners.

You mentioned politics, going on about it being some sort of left wing conspiracy, I was replying to that post.

Which you didn't answer.

I see it as being a non partisan issue, it should be cross party in the interests of the planet, not any specific politically ideology.

The issue isn't a left-wing conspiracy, the rhetoric of the people vs profiteering when it comes to climate change is a left-wing conspiracy.

There are companies out there right now who are solving climate change and yes they too reserve the right to operate to make a profit.

In fact you will never ever build a sustainable green energy system without embracing corporate enterprise. The R&D involved for a start takes place wholly in the private sector.

It should be non-partisan I agree, I mention the politics only because everything has the undertone of a group who want something far more than to just save the planet.

The protest movement though demands instant change, not phasing.

Micro level change is irrelevant, the UK is responsible for barely 1% of the total CO2 output. What can the UK government do beyond reduce its contribution within its 1% sphere? What are the people on the streets expecting to happen?

I'm not saying to ignore it, I don't subscribe to Trumpesque denial. I am merely just saying that we should resign ourselves to the fact that change will take a very, very long time. It will only change faster through scientific effort or radical solutions.

Time is apparently not on our side and so if radical change is needed then the inevitable fact is that this will have an immediate brutal effect on society and this is not being communicated honestly by campaigners.

The issue isn't a left-wing conspiracy, the rhetoric of the people vs profiteering when it comes to climate change is a left-wing conspiracy.

There are companies out there right now who are solving climate change and yes they too reserve the right to operate to make a profit.

In fact you will never ever build a sustainable green energy system without embracing corporate enterprise. The R&D involved for a start takes place wholly in the private sector.

It should be non-partisan I agree, I mention the politics only because everything has the undertone of a group who want something far more than to just save the planet.

I do enjoy your posts.

Factual best sums them up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.