Greta Thunberg

What they are expecting to happen is one thing, what they are actually achieving is to raise awareness of something that this time last year was nowhere near the high profile issue it is today.

Raising awareness of the issue of climate change and the damage it can do can only be a good thing.
Raising awareness? Raising awareness????

Jesus Christ, how much fucking awareness do you want? It's on every bloody station 24x7. We're all sick to death hearing about it.

And you know that for sure how? I'm living with one that says your sweeping generalisations are wrong.
And I'm living with one that is exactly as was described, but still wanted a note to say he could strike from school, so bad that he forgot all about it, to ask us.
His mates went into town to strike but actually went shopping.
Now I think what she is highlighting is correct but the youth of today are not engaged and are not informed. They have soundbites and short attention spans.
That's a generalisation too, but if your's bucks that trend you are very lucky.
I would guess up to 80-90% went along for a day off.
It doesn't mean she is wrong to try to get them to engage. But the youth of today are bigger consumers than any previous generation. Getting them to change is a challenge.
Our generation won't change at a political level.
The next generation are the key and an effort has to be made to get them to change.

Jesus Christ, how much fucking awareness do you want? It's on every bloody station 24x7. We're all sick to death hearing about it.

We're quite literally drowning in information about it.

Precisely my point. Twelve months ago the issue had nowhere near the prominence it has now.

Precisely my point. Twelve months ago the issue had nowhere near the prominence it has now.
Oh, come off it.

The BBC and pretty much every other media outlet, political commentator, you name it, has been banging on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it for like 10 years. We're actually getting numbed to it. And as the hysteria and disruption from the fucking idiots running the extinction rebellion crap gets ever more offensive, I seriously wonder whether they are doing more harm than good. They have lost all sense of proportion, and with it, a great deal of credibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.