Greta Thunberg

I’ll take a no deal for world wide clean energy tomorrow.

Tomorrow isn't happening and that's the real issue here.

Solutions are years off and us humans have to drastically alter our way of lives to even begin to start the process.

No tv, no phones, no pc's no laptops, no more constant demand for tech and consumerism.

Check the carbon footprint out for mobile phones that everyone wants every 12 months, especially from the young who are demanding the change, its scary.

Not nuclear although it’s better than what we have.
People hear the word "nuclear" and think "chernobyl" I find, so it scares them off.

It's just the name of the process. There are cleaner nuclear fuels. It's cheaper, greener and there are alternative fuels available that are less harmful to the environment. Plus it's the perfect stepping stone to the holy grail of energy; fusion.

With an ever growing planetary population, wind and hydroelectric won't cut it. Only research into cleaner, greener nuclear power will provide for us all.

Tomorrow isn't happening and that's the real issue here.

Solutions are years off and us humans have to drastically alter our way of lives to even begin to start the process.

No tv, no phones, no pc's no laptops, no more constant demand for tech and consumerism.

Check the carbon footprint out for mobile phones that everyone wants every 12 months, especially from the young who are demanding the change, its scary.

Oh I was talking hypothetically.

This thread is far more important as a topic than the Brexit one.

I don’t think it needs an end to electronic devices, more the government supplying our energy from green means for electricity.

I’ve always argued that the battle is for those running things and not you and I.

We should just limit what we use to some degree and recycle and stuff.

Oh I was talking hypothetically.

This thread is far more important as a topic than the Brexit one.

I don’t think it needs an end to electronic devices, more the government supplying our energy from green means for electricity.

I’ve always argued that the battle is for those running things and not you and I.

We should just limit what we use to some degree and recycle and stuff.

Sudden calm and restraint and a 180 from you demanding urgent action as we face doom may I say.

Im serious in my post.

Save the planet? The fucking lot of us need to change and that includes the biggest and hungriest consumers on the planet, young people, the very ones screaming what we have to do yet the ones driving the constant demand for new tech.

It wont happen because its easy to claim you want something and to pretend to demand it on here or in the park with a few thousand around you all saying you want the same thing but then back home you go, often in your car or a diesel bus and you switch the tv on, check facebook out on the phones, ring your mates to tell them how right on you have been that day and then fall asleep on the couch with the tv on and the xbox running all night.

Sudden calm and restraint and a 180 from you demanding urgent action as we face doom may I say.

Im serious in my post.

Save the planet? The fucking lot of us need to change and that includes the biggest and hungriest consumers on the planet, young people, the very ones screaming what we have to do yet the ones driving the constant demand for new tech.

It wont happen because its easy to claim you want something and to pretend to demand it on here or in the park with a few thousand around you all saying you want the same thing but then back home you go, often in your car or a diesel bus and you switch the tv on, check facebook out on the phones, ring your mates to tell them how right on you have been that day and then fall asleep on the couch with the tv on and the xbox running all night.

Not at all.

My posting record on this has been consistent. When I’m calling for urgent action it’s never been for you to put your phone or laptop down and stop posting.

It’s always been for the governments of the world to introduce clean supplies of electricity.

Sure we need to limit what we do but the urgent action and the only way to do it is for them to provide us with the radical approach in supplying us with the clean energy.

No tv, no phones, no pc's no laptops

No life?

This is an rediculous exaguration imho of tackling the issue of consumerism. You don't do away with the sort of materialism that is usefull for humanity, rather you disincentivise conspicious consumption, miimise resource waste in advertisement and push for higher product stadards.

I got a tablet, a laptop, a desktop, a small smartphone and a bigger smartphone. the phones, tablet and desktop are all more than 8 years old, in fine condition and performing as needed. I do not change electronics purely for fashion and thats one of the most crucial distinctions in the story of consumerism. We don't need to take away functionality from humans nessecarily to reduce waste, we need to disincentivise the highly inpactfull culture of throwing functional things away just for fashion. We need to make our products more durable and exhaust their use as long as they can provide it, rather than incentivise a culture of throwing away which has been pushed in the past by advertisement.

Go green, go nuclear!

We will certaintly still need nuclear and it's pragmaticly part of "green sollutions". Pitty that Nuclear currently doesn't evolve as fast as other alternative technoligy's like Solar and Wind, even with a breaktrough in fusion now i guess it would take years if not decades to build it up to meaningfull output. One can expect that nuclear will have a fair market share besides wind and solar when moved to green energy, with solar graduatly gaining territory i think as technoligy evolves.

Last edited:
You name any positive thing for this World and rightwingers will act as miserable twats as that's what they are and can't act differently. You can't expect anything different with this young girl- she is fighting for a noble thing and there is nothing noble in today's conservative/right, they are allergic on goodness.

I used to hang out with conservative people before, would call myself fairly conservative privately even now, but I've seen them for what they are (and there is zero difference between conservatives of any religion, nationality or whatever, only the kits are different) and their only purpose on this World is to suck the joy of life in anything 1000 miles of them. There is more point in one minute of Greta's life than in whole of theirs.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.