Greta Thunberg

I thought critizing those who were using the kid was appropriate, but I understand you may disagree.

As for what the Science says, I have listened and watched, unfortunately like it is sometimes when I examine the facts, I'm not inclined to agree with the position the kid or those who are propping her up hold.

I agree or I should say I'm aware of what Scientist generally agree on, what the counter points are, and what Scientist generally don't speak on.

Then there are the activists, media, and Politically based positions. Most of which do not comport with even those Scientist who believe in climate change being an issue.

He was a bit overweight MLK wasn’t he? Had affairs with his wife? Maybe got a bit of funding from somewhere we don’t know? Maybe he just wanted to be a celebrity?

See how ridiculous that all sounds?

What are we doing criticising the girl or her parents?

Listen to the message.

If 16 year old’s welfare are your concern, then you need to consider those living in poverty in your country and mine, before a girl trying to change the world.

What ends first is the big question we all need answering?

Brexit or the world?

Sure, that's one of the biggest obstacles we have on this issue - climate doesn't respect national boundaries.

I agree that climate change is exploited politically, exploited by corporations, exploited by the media and exploited by marketing executives who want good PR for their brands. And much of the news about it IS overly alarmist and taking "worst case scenario" predictions and reporting them as fact. All of this is true.

You're also correct to say that our solutions to climate change are so politicised that it's a minefield trying to separate solutions that will actually help with solutions which are using the issue to push a different agenda. Renewable energy for example is a linked but different issue from climate change that has somehow become mixed together by people like in your electric cars example.

However, the misuse of climate change by people looking to exploit it is not the fault of the data. The data has no agenda or morality, it is just raw data. And that does show a heavy correlation between human activity and the heating of the planet. It's not the science's fault that it is being used badly. The climate change phenomena is real even if it is been used for fantasy solutions.

You might enjoy these (rather long) videos about climate change. They are by a climate science journalist who has spent much of his life trying to debunk the issue and the myths spouted by both the left and right wings by focusing strictly on the science. Here, he looks at potential Governmental climate change solutions from a conservative rather than left wing mindset:

Fascinating videos. Had no idea about that prophetic speech by Carter.

I was actually thinking the 31st October as we slide over this cliff edge into the abyss............
But I had plans for this Yuletide! :(

I don't want an apocalptic festive season to end the year! That's pooey!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.