Greta Thunberg

I don't like when activist use children as props. It's in bad taste. Enough respect to the young lady. Wish her the best. But her parents and other adults using her as their mouth piece should all be ashamed of themselves.

She is a kid. She doesn't know enough about the world to talk about it.

The UK has made massive leaps over the last few years and we’re now around 50% renewable energy. That’s staggeringly good progress but we’re not doing enough and that’s the message.

Having a solar panel on everyone’s roofs won’t work by itself, but if the investment is there in all areas, solar, wind, tide and we invest enough, we can get there.

In my opinion technology will sort the issue directly in the end, either something that will physically cool the earth directly or will massively reduce carbon in the atmosphere by collecting or destroying it, I don’t know but I bet my bottom dollar it’s being worked on now.

For me it’s all about buying them time now by being better, until the resolution is here.

I'm reliably informed that Trump has given the go ahead for research into nuking the carbon

I don't like when activist use children as props. It's in bad taste. Enough respect to the young lady. Wish her the best. But her parents and other adults using her as their mouth piece should all be ashamed of themselves.

Fuck me. That is seriously patronising.

She quite clearly knows more than you.

She quite clearly knows more than you.
It's possible. I'm not an atmospheric scientist, so I don't know everything about the issue. She isn't either. She should be in highschool. Working to become the atmospheric scientist that would help figure out what's going. She seems to have a Keen interest.

But what she has been propped up to do is spew ideological positions on the issue. Indoctrination isn't knowledge. Commendable for showing interest. Despicable of the adults around her to use her as a tool for their agenda.

Fuck me. That is seriously patronising.
Perhaps. But the claim still stands:

Using children as props to push ideological viewpoint is wrong and pathetic.

It's possible. I'm not an atmospheric scientist, so I don't know everything about the issue. She isn't either. She should be in highschool. Working to become the atmospheric scientist that would help figure out what's going. She seems to have a Keen interest.

But what she has been propped up to do is spew ideological positions on the issue. Indoctrination isn't knowledge. Commendable for showing interest. Despicable of the adults around her to use her as a tool for their agenda.

Perhaps. But the claim still stands:

Using children as props to push ideological viewpoint is wrong and pathetic.

The key difference is, she’s willing to listen to those that do know and is a front for the youth movement.

There’s never been political movements without a figurehead.

Martin Luther King wasn’t the only activist of his time but the movement needed leading.

Rather than criticising or wondering why she’s there, you should be listening to the science behind what’s being claimed and the scientists she’s listened to.

We’re in deep shit unless we make radical change or unless technology comes up with the answer.

The key difference is, she’s willing to listen to those that do know and is a front for the youth movement.

Martin Luther King wasn’t the only activist of his time but the movement needed leading.

Rather than criticising or wondering why she’s there, you should be listening to the science behind what’s being claimed and the scientists she’s listened to.

We’re in deep shit unless we make radical change or unless technology comes up with the answer.

Yet it’s the kids of her generation that need to change, my generation and the one before are unlikely to be the ones with TV’s in every room, the latest phone, needing lifts everywhere as they won’t walk anywhere, renewing our fashion choices every month....

I thought critizing those who were using the kid was appropriate, but I understand you may disagree.

As for what the Science says, I have listened and watched, unfortunately like it is sometimes when I examine the facts, I'm not inclined to agree with the position the kid or those who are propping her up hold.

I agree or I should say I'm aware of what Scientist generally agree on, what the counter points are, and what Scientist generally don't speak on.

Then there are the activists, media, and Politically based positions. Most of which do not comport with even those Scientist who believe in climate change being an issue.

I thought critizing those who were using the kid was appropriate, but I understand you may disagree.

As for what the Science says, I have listened and watched, unfortunately like it is sometimes when I examine the facts, I'm not inclined to agree with the position the kid or those who are propping her up hold.

I agree or I should say I'm aware of what Scientist generally agree on, what the counter points are, and what Scientist generally don't speak on.

Then there are the activists, media, and Politically based positions. Most of which do not comport with even those Scientist who believe in climate change being an issue.

What a load of bollocks, but you just carry on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.