Greta Thunberg

We would probably do more for the environment over the next 5 years if we just culled a few million people.

The Social Darwinist approach to climate change.

Its novel, I am sure the world would not miss a few rags and a few Tories. Throw in a few Trumpists and a smattering of red scouse and the jobs a good un.

Unfortunately its connotations are widely known and its association with certain undesirables make its novelty fairly difficult to implement.

Achieving half reliance for a major developed nation like ours is a massive achievement.

The unfortunate reality of the problem is even if 100% of power generation is carbon free then we will still only reduce the UK carbon output by 25%.

CO2 and warming are also not the only concern when it comes to the environment. What about waste pollution, destruction of green spaces due to population change etc etc etc, you just cannot win.

Hydroelectric as an example is a sustainable power generation method which has known harsh effects on the environment.

We would probably do more for the environment over the next 5 years if we just culled a few million people.
The inevitable conclusion.

I dunno, 5 or 6, whilst I was working in London earlier this year.

That's hardly the point though. It was fucking inconvenient, a total waste of time, directed at entirely the wrong people and extremely annoying. Tossers the lot of them, absolute tossers and hippies half of them. The dungaree and count was huge. Get a bloody job the layabouts.

Tory boy doesn’t like being inconvenienced shocker. 5 or 6 days you say, hold the press, call the church elders etc.........:-)

Is dickheadery something you have to do a course in, or is it a natural gift you have?

A natural gift I didn’t need to revise or anything to get an A*. For someone who claims to work 90 hours a week you spend a lot of time on here bitching about being inconvienced or being taxed a bit more. Are you one of those at work but not actually working types? Come on be honest.

Achieving half reliance for a major developed nation like ours is a massive achievement.

The unfortunate reality of the problem is even if 100% of power generation is carbon free then we will still only reduce the UK carbon output by 25%.

CO2 and warming are also not the only concern when it comes to the environment. What about waste pollution, destruction of green spaces due to population change etc etc etc, you just cannot win.

Hydroelectric as an example is a sustainable power generation method which has known harsh effects on the environment.

What do you want to do, give up?

A natural gift I didn’t need to revise or anything to get an A*. For someone who claims to work 90 hours a week you spend a lot of time on here bitching about being inconvienced or being taxed a bit more. Are you one of those at work but not actually working types? Come on be honest.
Fits and starts mate. You'll perhaps notice I disappear when it gets busy. I"ve not done more than a 50 or 60 hour week since the end of June now, thank God. Although still have some right stinkers of days. Got up at 03:00 on Tuesday to fly to Stuttgart, left the house at 03:50 and then after a full day in Germany presenting to around 30 people, found my return flight home was cancelled and had to come back via Brussels. Got back home at 01:30 in the morning the next day. So earned my corn that day for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.