Greta Thunberg

Climate change has been going on for millions of years. Only recently it may have been influenced by man. Compared to other natural catastrophes that wiĺl affect planet earth in the next few thousand years it really is small fry. Mankind will no doubt survive climate change as we have done before. Ignoring the much bigger natural disasters that we cannot avoid or mitigate, there are actually bigger man made issues just round the corner that we could do something about. The future fight for fresh water, food and metals for battery production will happen. China is gearing up big style on the latter, while we sit idlely by hamstrung by our western morals and colonial past and do nothing. Watch this space.

Ah that was it!

It was a women in america who came out with that with no substantial evidence talking about climate change and it stuck grew to what it is now!

Ok lads, we’ve got ourselves a denier.

Wonderful.

Climate change has been going on for millions of years. Only recently it may have been influenced by man. Compared to other natural catastrophes that wiĺl affect planet earth in the next few thousand years it really is small fry. Mankind will no doubt survive climate change as we have done before. Ignoring the much bigger natural disasters that we cannot avoid or mitigate, there are actually bigger man made issues just round the corner that we could do something about. The future fight for fresh water, food and metals for battery production will happen. China is gearing up big style on the latter, while we sit idlely by hamstrung by our western morals and colonial past and do nothing. Watch this space.

I’ve read sheer ignorance on this forum but you’re right up there.

It will all be in vain. We are already fucked with only a fraction of the population contributing most of the emissions. The human population will reach 11 billion by 2100, and the worst hit equatorial areas like Africa are averaging 5 children per woman so when globalisation fully matures and industrialises their economies - along with some of the South Asian countries already with huge populations, CO2 emissions will skyrocket and the ozone will be nothing more than a memory to our scorched planet. That's why I've stopped recycling.

It will all be in vain. We are already fucked with only a fraction of the population contributing most of the emissions. The human population will reach 11 billion by 2100, and the worst hit equatorial areas like Africa are averaging 5 children per woman so when globalisation fully matures and industrialises their economies - along with some of the South Asian countries already with huge populations, CO2 emissions will skyrocket and the ozone will be nothing more than a memory to our scorched planet. That's why I've stopped recycling.

So just give up then yeah?

Give up on the civilisation.

That takes some level of pessimism and selfishness.

It's too late mate. Don't you realise? We've had our chance and we've blown it. So now it's time to just sit back and watch the chaos unfold.

No it’s not too late and through a combination of societies behaving right and technology, we can overcome it.

People like Greta need to be followed, not mocked.

Reactions: mat
And there is the fundamental problem that nobody is discussing, or prepared to face. If the populations
are not controlled, something that is actually possible, then the problem simply won't go away. I have no issue
with this young lass, fair play to her, but for me, unless we start reducing, or at least maintaining, the number of people,
it's not going to improve the environment in any way, as you say, averaging 5 children in drought and poverty affected regions,
and the numbers increasing exponentially is where the action is needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.