Greta Thunberg

Have they not been banned yet?

Banned for new products after a certain date but existing stock produced is still able to be sold mate.

We have a business selling organic health and beauty products so are directly involved in this.

Same here but i dont manufacture plastic, nor do i decide what to use it to wrap and again, if government and business cant be arsed then there is fuck all we can do.

I see Tesco has announced no more plastic round multi buy tin ie beans etc which is exactly what needs to happen but right across the board.

Shower gels and soaps are amongst the worst with those saying they exfoliate or scrub the skin doing so with fucking plastic.
There is plenty you can do,buy your food loose,if you know that about soap and shower gel then buy plain soap etc,it takes a bit more effort to be enviromental aware but as consumers we can do our bit,if we all stopped buying things wrapped in plastic then the manufacturers would stop using it,consumers have a lot of power
Tesco has stopped using plastic bags for home deliveries,it's a pain for me dexterity wise but i'm fine with it,i'm happy if it helps

Really? Not sure what you mean by this or what evidence you have of it?

Greta has been using public transport but she is supported by a team of people and a media hype which increases her CO2 output beyond any normal person. Her personal contribution would be a lot lower had she just stayed at home and not bothered.

Many in XR and who support XR live in the Twitter and social media sphere. Social media is powered by some of the most power intensive data servers in the world... Where does that electricity come from?

We then have people coming from all over the country travelling to protests on coaches, diesel trains, they then eat food from London food places which contributes to pollution.

What about the Police resources, their travel and their food needs etc? What about peoples public transport journeys who were inconvienced so they had to drive or get a taxi?

What about Emma Thompson taking a 12 hour flight from Los Angeles to attend XR rallies? Or, Prince Charles and his son jetsetting around the world to tell us to stop flying?

It's a fashionable fad and a hypocrisy which in reality has only increased our CO2 output.

Greta has been using public transport but she is supported by a team of people and a media hype which increases her CO2 output beyond any normal person. Her personal contribution would be a lot lower had she just stayed at home and not bothered.

Many in XR and who support XR live in the Twitter and social media sphere. Social media is powered by some of the most power intensive data servers in the world... Where does that electricity come from?

We then have people coming from all over the country travelling to protests on coaches, diesel trains, they then eat food from London food places which contributes to pollution.

What about the Police resources, their travel and their food needs etc? What about peoples public transport journeys who were inconvienced so they had to drive or get a taxi?

What about Emma Thompson taking a 12 hour flight from Los Angeles to attend XR rallies? Or, Prince Charles and his son jetsetting around the world to tell us to stop flying?

It's a fashionable fad and a hypocrisy which in reality has only increased our CO2 output.

So to summarise, you can’t campaign about climate change unless you live in a carbon free bubble.

I presume you can’t also campaign on behalf of the homeless unless you are homeless or the poor unless you are penniless.

You guys need to relax more as this mewling resentment over a teenager or celebs with a message can’t be healthy.

Roads should be made with recycled plastic as well.

Couple of local lads up here in Lockerbie have invented a way of using and one of the main timber routes out of Dumfries was trailed last year with a couple of mile stretch made with the plastic put in.

Not a pot hole in sight and super smooth and that is with HGV's rattling along it non stop.

The rest of the roads up here are a disgrace so it is proven tech that needs to be rolled out.

Roads should be made with recycled plastic as well.

Couple of local lads up here in Lockerbie have invented a way of using and one of the main timber routes out of Dumfries was trailed last year with a couple of mile stretch made with the plastic put in.

Not a pot hole in sight and super smooth and that is with HGV's rattling along it non stop.

The rest of the roads up here are a disgrace so it is proven tech that needs to be rolled out.

And if you make roads out of XR protestors, they feel great to drive along as well.

So to summarise, you can’t campaign about climate change unless you live in a carbon free bubble.

I presume you can’t also campaign on behalf of the homeless unless you are homeless or the poor unless you are penniless.

You guys need to relax more as this mewling resentment over a teenager or celebs with a message can’t be healthy.

Come on Bob, does alarmist language and the declaration of an emergency mean we should relax about their message?

If my house was on fire then that is an emergency so as a result should I protest about the fire or should I stop pouring petrol on it?

You can't have one group preaching and protesting whilst simultaneously observing silence on the fact that even their own preaching fuels the fire.

Anarchy to prevent regular people from using forms of transport that help is the height of the utter stupidity of the climate change movement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.