Greta Thunberg

I think you know it wasn't literal but apparently the world is burning and the fire is precipitated by everyone who contributes to it, yes EVERYONE.

Clearly it isn't all as urgent as we thought then so we can all rest easy.....

And since the planes are going anyway then I might as well book myself on two holidays this year eh?
I confidently predict that the earth will still be spinning and 7+ billion people still living on it in 2100. Reports of our demise are overplayed just a tiny weeny little bit I think. Like 10,000 times too much.

That is rather sad of an adult to do that,it is amazing how this kid has got under the skin of adults

Just a general question,i don't know how carbon offsetting works but that seems to be what people travelling a lot are doing

It's the adults behind her that have got under the skin of people to be fair, nobody could be angry with her she's just a pawn in a bigger game. Carbon offsetting is a way that you can still use carbon high activities but pay for research into greener options, which IMO means that rich people can offset their carbon footprint and continue to pollute.

We have to seriously do something drastic to limit our plastic use and the way we go forward, but this carbon offsetting is similar to me going round punching people in the face but giving money to a shelter for abused people, so the next day I can go round punching people in the face because it's OK I have offset it.

It's the adults behind her that have got under the skin of people to be fair, nobody could be angry with her she's just a pawn in a bigger game. Carbon offsetting is a way that you can still use carbon high activities but pay for research into greener options, which IMO means that rich people can offset their carbon footprint and continue to pollute.

We have to seriously do something drastic to limit our plastic use and the way we go forward, but this carbon offsetting is similar to me going round punching people in the face but giving money to a shelter for abused people, so the next day I can go round punching people in the face because it's OK I have offset it.
Ha that is a good way to put it
The world has been opened to everyone now,there is no where you can't go or nobody you can't speak to,humans missed the point of no return ,enviroment wise a long time ago,i'm not sure it's worth digging any individual out for it,the way i look at it is the people trying to do something about it hit a nerve and get attacked for it,well they still fly etc,you can't put the genie back in the bottle but it's sad that those who don't give a shit point fingers at those who do

It's like meat eaters throwing shit at vegans,they would rather put people down than to take on the message

I think you know it wasn't literal but apparently the world is burning and the fire is precipitated by everyone who contributes to it, yes EVERYONE.

Clearly it isn't all as urgent as we thought then so we can all rest easy.....

And since the planes are going anyway then I might as well book myself on two holidays this year eh?
Yes, with all these planes flying to places whether anyone gets on them or not, everyone can do their bit
by hopping on them whenever they like.
There is no justification, at all, in preaching to people when the cost of that sermonising is in direct contradiction to the message.

America, Canada, Russia and Australia all need to pull their finger out
1de33c0565eeb216735d5fb867b1b1f3.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.