Ground Emptying

The Mancunian way wasn't even closed. I got on there and off on my normal exit and was home in 25 minutes as opposed to the normal 45. I stayed to the end of the game as always (usually stay at my seat and watch the match highlights and stroll back to my car so to let a bit of traffic go).

These thread about early leavers and smoking in the loo's are my favourites as they let the forum know who the curtain twitchers are.

Manc in London said:
People criticise those in CBL3 because they create little atmopshere.

I assue you that CBL3 is the last area to clear at home games. We stay till the end. :) Most loyal City supporters ;)

its cos we cant bloody get out! once the game is over everyone stands by the exit/stairs watching the bloody highlights, go home!

glen quagmire said:
Brilliant thread this. I always wished someone would start one about people leaving early. I can't as i would be a hypocrite as i leave on 84ish every game.
I hope our title winning goal is scored in the 88th minute!

We are kidding ourselves that we have the best fans in the land and all the world...Well- home fans anyway!
We are only just selling out at home..our away support is always fantastic..But at home it is shocking...Stop kidding yourselves.
It's a struggle to get the majority of fans in the south stand to unfold their arms and get involved even with a bit of singing, never mind bringing a flag to a game or holding their scarf up for a rendition of blue moon...
And why the club persist in putting up the "sold out" signs at every home game is beyond me...It's obvious it isnt, there are hundreds of seats all over the place, and not the odd 2 here and there where someone has bobbed off on their holidays either.
I know of no other ground where up to a third of the crowd disappear at 80 minutes...Even the rags stay til the end.
It's your money- do what you want with it..I just don't understand it leaving that early to do what?..get home earlier?? Do you do the same at the cinema?..
Fed up of all the excuses..It's pi$$ poor. If you cannot stay til the end of a game for a team that is top of the table and playing the football we are at the moment with the players we have got then I await the times when we are selling tickets to the so called Johnny Come Lateleys who will stay til the end and cheer the team on.
It's embarrassing and is not defendable.

rowsley_st said:
We are kidding ourselves that we have the best fans in the land and all the world...Well- home fans anyway!
We are only just selling out at home..our away support is always fantastic..But at home it is shocking...Stop kidding yourselves.
It's a struggle to get the majority of fans in the south stand to unfold their arms and get involved even with a bit of singing, never mind bringing a flag to a game or holding their scarf up for a rendition of blue moon...
And why the club persist in putting up the "sold out" signs at every home game is beyond me...It's obvious it isnt, there are hundreds of seats all over the place, and not the odd 2 here and there where someone has bobbed off on their holidays either.
I know of no other ground where up to a third of the crowd disappear at 80 minutes...Even the rags stay til the end.
It's your money- do what you want with it..I just don't understand it leaving that early to do what?..get home earlier?? Do you do the same at the cinema?..
Fed up of all the excuses..It's pi$$ poor. If you cannot stay til the end of a game for a team that is top of the table and playing the football we are at the moment with the players we have got then I await the times when we are selling tickets to the so called Johnny Come Lateleys who will stay til the end and cheer the team on.
It's embarrassing and is not defendable.

So much wrong with this post.

1) We aren't only just selling out our home games. We have sold out every league home match this season.

2) The club put up "sold out" signs are all the tickets are fucking sold. It is not fucking difficult logic. You really think they would put up "sold out" signs a month before the Spurs game for example, if all the tickets were not sold? The club have said at "Points of Blue" that between 1,000 - 3,000 cards aren't activated for whatever reason on a weekly basis. It matters not, the seats are still sold and there is nothing the club can do about it other than increase prices to make less financially viable for people to buy tickets and not attend. That would go down like a fart in a lift.

3) As for anyone choosing to leave early. No one gives a fuck if you understand it or not. It is not a decision they make that needs your understanding, nor your approval. They have paid for their ticket and can do what they want with it. The cinema analogy is lazy and doesn't work either.

4) It is not embarrassing (and if you really are embarrassed by it then you should seek professional help and/or grow a set) and no one has to defend anything. They can do as they please. I stay til the end as it is my wish to. But I don't consider myself so great as to dictate what others should do at the match, especially those that live further away and/or have families to rush back to.

Left with about 20 mins left on Saturday, had some washing drying and wanted to get it ironed and aired , goes for a piss on the way out and would you beleive it, two stewards and a couple of lads having a smoke in the bogs!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.