Ground Emptying

I've never seen such a mass exodus with more than 5 mins left. It was definitely the tannoy message about the Mancunian way that triggered it.

I left on 89 mins because I was influenced by everyone else going. Weird because I always stay till the end usually.

Its a shit ground to get away from ! simple as that really,at Maine road you could park on the streets,make sure you were pointed the right way and get away no trouble.At the Ethiad its a nightmare,I wont drive to the ground anymore after getting stuck in the car park for ages one time,there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the road closures, sometime you win sometimes you lose.I wouldnt leave early though but can understand why people do.And to be honest I dont understand why people have such a problem with it.if you wnat to stay til the end ,stay,if not ,shut the fuck up !!whats it got to do with you
?

CheethamHillBlue said:
didsburyblu said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
I'm curious why you should ask why people want to get away from the stadium 5 minutes earlier than thousands of others on a Saturday night at half seven when our team have just pissed 85 minutes against a shite team and the Mancunian Way is closed.
Unless you are a WUM or a bellend.

im actually curious why its not possible to ask a question on this forum without the mighty keyboard warriors acting the big man. i purposely said it wasnt a criticism cos of people like you who feel you have to resort to having a go at fellow city fans. its a simple enough question yes utd grd emptied quick.cos they were on the end of a hiding but at our place it emptys whether were playin great and 3-0 up or shit and 1-0 down and i foolishly wondered is that due to poor transport links/infrastructure around the ground that we can improve to make people stay or do people generally just wanna beat the rush

Take a look at Old Trafford when they have had a 5.30 Saturday kick off. People leave early. Especially when they are winning easily.
Hope that explains more clearly without offending you.

so it wasnt because the mancunian way was closed but because they do it at the swamp now i get it

salfordblue-tony2 said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
didsburyblu said:
Not a criticism just curious

I'm curious why you should ask why people want to get away from the stadium 5 minutes earlier than thousands of others on a Saturday night at half seven when our team have just pissed 85 minutes against a shite team and the Mancunian Way is closed.
Unless you are a WUM or a bellend.

If u live in cheetham hill u don`t even have to go anywhere near the mancunian way?

You'll probably know the answer but did i say i 'lived' in Cheetham?

Agueros allegro said:
Its a shit ground to get away from ! simple as that really,at Maine road you could park on the streets,make sure you were pointed the right way and get away no trouble.At the Ethiad its a nightmare,I wont drive to the ground anymore after getting stuck in the car park for ages one time,there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the road closures, sometime you win sometimes you lose.I wouldnt leave early though but can understand why people do.And to be honest I dont understand why people have such a problem with it.if you wnat to stay til the end ,stay,if not ,shut the fuck up !!whats it got to do with you
?

in fairness for most the new ground is miles better to get away from than maine road

Bit off topic but this evening I had a rare occurance of wanting a wee during the game, normally I would last the 90 mins. Found it odd to see lads sitting on the concourse having beers while the game is going on. Flying home tonight one of the lads on the plane said that the person sitting beside him at the game slept all through the game and never even woke when a goal was scored !!! ....bizarre !

hilts said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
didsburyblu said:
im actually curious why its not possible to ask a question on this forum without the mighty keyboard warriors acting the big man. i purposely said it wasnt a criticism cos of people like you who feel you have to resort to having a go at fellow city fans. its a simple enough question yes utd grd emptied quick.cos they were on the end of a hiding but at our place it emptys whether were playin great and 3-0 up or shit and 1-0 down and i foolishly wondered is that due to poor transport links/infrastructure around the ground that we can improve to make people stay or do people generally just wanna beat the rush

Take a look at Old Trafford when they have had a 5.30 Saturday kick off. People leave early. Especially when they are winning easily.

so it wasnt because the mancunian way was closed but because they do it at the swamp now i get it

You obviously don't get it. A United game at 5.30 on a Saturday will result in a mass exodus before the final whistle regardless of the result and not because of being on the end of a hiding.
It happens when they win. Unless you want to pay for other peoples tickets, just worry about yourself.

I reckon it's just down to plain and simple A.D.D, people just can't stay focused for more than 40mins at a time. The same people spend the first half getting ready to beat the half time whistle to get ahead of the queue at the refreshments counters ;-)

CheethamHillBlue said:
hilts said:
CheethamHillBlue said:
you just dont have a valid reason but its nice to see you trying

You obviously don't get it. A United game at 5.30 on a Saturday will result in a mass exodus before the final whistle regardless of the result and not because of being on the end of a hiding.
It happens when they win. Unless you want to pay for other peoples tickets, just worry about yourself.

Agueros allegro said:
?

It is much easier than Maine Road to get away from for the majority I reckon. Just park beyond the closures and car parks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.