Guardian: Joe Hart shows signs of frailty against Juve

pskilla said:
Perhaps we should get rid of Hart & sign Almunia?

It could be a lot worse

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBWtXhb0nBU&feature=related[/youtube]

AND A FEW DAYS LATER HE DID THIS....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5YA3exiu8I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Listen everyone. I am not Joe Hart's biggest fan but was overjoyed to see him get his chance this season. His undoubted talent is there for all to see and some of his performances this season have been inspiring. We need a solid keeper for our international team and the position is Joe's to loose. However there is a problem at the moment with Man City with the best keeper at the club sitting on the bench. How anyone can say Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Given is blind. Given needs to be re-installed asap for the good of the club. Signed: Realist.

Hart should have saved it.
He didn't.
We've conceded three goals. Two of them were Hart's fault. We all knew he wasn't -and isn't - the finished article.
So he's the England goalie - so what? Some people don't want to admit it but well, just because you're on the England team, it doesn't automatically make you worthy of a place in a Premiership team, anymore. I know that sounds crazy. I know the traditionalists will be lamenting the fact but hey, that's the way it is.

Then again, we've conceded THREE goals. We've been unlucky in so much as all three have affected the outcome of the games they we scored in. (By that I mean, we could have conceded the two of them v Liverpool, for example, and still won). This makes the record and the errors seem worse than they are.
Three in ten or so games? It'd be harsh to drop Hart on that record. He's not going to improve, sitting on the bench. (Which is probably what some influential people at the FA whispred in City's ear, by the way).

Joe Hart is going to be City's keeper for a very long time -rightly or wrongly. We should all get behind him and give him our fullest support. We shouldn't be fooling ourselve that he's world class (yet) though. And yeah, if I was Shay Given, I'd have my nose in a knot too - with some justification, I might add.

How can you say that Joe Hart is going to be City's goalkeeper for a very long time??? That's a ridiculous statement. You don't know what's around the corner. Man City with all our money should not be a club to sit and wait on developing talent. We need finished articles if we are to suceed and that means we start this process by changing goalkeepers. Now.

some people like to argue for arguements sake on this forum!

what the fuck is wrong with joe hart!!!
your just being picky now.
some people are forgetting just how far weve come in the last few years, turning into rags!

so the best young goalkeeper in the league,prob in the top 5 overall, with so much to learn is being written off cos he conceded a goal against juventus( yes juventus, not blackpool) wtf are our fans turning into!

im ready for my arguement now. ;O)

I agree, he has looked more nervy of late. Not holding onto the ball as well, and doesn't seem to have the same swagger either. Lacking confidence a bit now due to a few bad moment methinks, probably being harsh on himself. I'd stick with him but still give Given cup games - as it should have been all season.

trueblueboy said:
Listen everyone. I am not Joe Hart's biggest fan but was overjoyed to see him get his chance this season. His undoubted talent is there for all to see and some of his performances this season have been inspiring. We need a solid keeper for our international team and the position is Joe's to loose. However there is a problem at the moment with Man City with the best keeper at the club sitting on the bench. How anyone can say Joe Hart is a better goalkeeper than Given is blind. Given needs to be re-installed asap for the good of the club. Signed: Realist.
trueblueboy said:
How can you say that Joe Hart is going to be City's goalkeeper for a very long time??? That's a ridiculous statement. You don't know what's around the corner. Man City with all our money should not be a club to sit and wait on developing talent. We need finished articles if we are to suceed and that means we start this process by changing goalkeepers. Now.
C'mon Macca, we know it's you.

MaineStandMoaner said:
I thought Joe dived over the ball.....didnt see any deflection. Great shot no doubt, but Joe will be kicking himself with it.

Nah,- I agree with that wise old sage Turnip Taylor - unluckily unstoppable it was

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUTlXhO2mFg[/youtube]

citygal1 said:
some people like to argue for arguements sake on this forum!

what the fuck is wrong with joe hart!!!
your just being picky now.
some people are forgetting just how far weve come in the last few years, turning into rags!

so the best young goalkeeper in the league,prob in the top 5 overall, with so much to learn is being written off cos he conceded a goal against juventus( yes juventus, not blackpool) wtf are our fans turning into!

im ready for my arguement now. ;O)
I agree but Given did fuck all wrong,yet were some were LOOKING for faults in his game after Hart had 'that' good season at Birmingham

whp.blue said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Unbelievably well placed shot and the deflection was just enough to take it away from Hart's finger tips. Incredibly harsh to call it a goal keeping error.

it didn't go passed his finger tips in went under his wrist

should have saved it imho

said last season he was not as good as everyone on this forum made out

We'll have to agree to disagree. On the night I thought it went just beyond his fingers. Have since watched it on slow mo and at full speed. IMO it didn't go underneath his wrist, it went underneath his fingers. He had it covered but the slight deflection made the ball dip slightly. Also the shot pretty much went in off the post, that's how well placed it was. You can't see it at full speed but it nicks the back of the post. Would have been an amzing save if he had managed to readjust after the deflection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.