Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Don't doubt your reasoning but he also left those jobs when HE felt like HE did not have enough energy to continue, and when the season just gone has been long and will be even longer next season, he'll need a sabbatical soon, like he did after barcelona

He just needs one of Neville's mini-retirements.

"What a true Gentleman, that’s over a million £££ to the backbone of the club, the faceless staff that nobody sees, but without them the first team wouldn’t be able to function in the seamless capacity that it does. What a Man, you’re manager
1f499.png
1f499.png
1f499.png

May be an image of 2 people, people playing American football, people playing football and text that says Pep Guardiola gave up his bonus for winning the Champions League to distribute it among #ManCity staff, including receptionists, security guards, etc. according to Fred Caldeira TNT Sports Brasil. FLLFOLLONTSUDECERE LE"

I'm sorry if this takes up too much room or has already been reported but you know me and technology!! :-)
Pep is the MAN.

p.s. if it does take up too much room I'm sure *cheeky grin* one of our lovely mods will tidy it up for me. :-) :-)

He’d need to be even more forgiving
The thought of going from champagne and caviar to a glass of corporation pop and a jam butty isn’t something I’ll be rushing out and offering apologies for. He’s had his time here, good luck to him but doubt he will be setting foot in the doors at City as an employee anytime soon.

At both Barca and Bayern he was drained by the interference from those above him and indeed he took a year out for a rest.

At City there is no one above him, Khaldoon gives him a free rein. Khaldoon has more pressing issues and his responsibilities stretch to well over £500 Billion in assets. City are just £4 Billion. Pep involves himself in every aspect of the club, the facilities, all the staff, the culture, how they behave etc.....he has free rein.

He is surrounded by friends such as Txiki, Ferran, Omar, Estarte, etc, Pep has built the club in his own image.

He is paid very well and indeed has earned well over £100 million at City.

Where does he go after City, which club can offer the above. Does International football have the same intensity and he said after winning the UCL, we want to win more.

He's staying
I'm inclined to agree with this. There is no better job in football. I don't think he has quite the free rein you suggest - he reports into Txiki - but he is instrumantal to the whole club's decision making and he clearly works well with his bosses as well as his staff.

He's going to get tired and he's a family man. I know this has probably never been done before but if he wanted some time off I'd give him a year or even two and stick a caretaker in and let him come back.

"What a true Gentleman, that’s over a million £££ to the backbone of the club, the faceless staff that nobody sees, but without them the first team wouldn’t be able to function in the seamless capacity that it does. What a Man, you’re manager
1f499.png
1f499.png
1f499.png

May be an image of 2 people, people playing American football, people playing football and text that says Pep Guardiola gave up his bonus for winning the Champions League to distribute it among #ManCity staff, including receptionists, security guards, etc. according to Fred Caldeira TNT Sports Brasil. FLLFOLLONTSUDECERE LE"

I'm sorry if this takes up too much room or has already been reported but you know me and technology!! :-)
Pep is the MAN.

p.s. if it does take up too much room I'm sure *cheeky grin* one of our lovely mods will tidy it up for me. :-) :-)
Think he has donated money to the support staff before as well, a true gent , print that you english press twats

The thought of going from champagne and caviar to a glass of corporation pop and a jam butty isn’t something I’ll be rushing out and offering apologies for. He’s had his time here, good luck to him but doubt he will be setting foot in the doors at City as an employee anytime soon.

As we’ve seen at other clubs, whoever takes over after such success will likely take on a poisoned chalice. Any serious candidate would be better advised to wait until after the inevitable failure of Pep’s successor before throwing their hat into the ring.

As we’ve seen at other clubs, whoever takes over after such success will likely take on a poisoned chalice. Any serious candidate would be better advised to wait until after the inevitable failure of Pep’s successor before throwing their hat into the ring.
We won the title twice before pep and whoever comes after pep has a great chance to do it again, clearly not inevitable failure

I’m at the point of my City supporting life that I accept it doesn’t get much better than this and I’m cool about what happens once Pep goes. Another two years of him cementing his legacy as the best ever and this team being undisputed as the greatest club side in history and jobs a good’un. I mean, it’s not like the club are going to fall apart and be struggling mid table. We are still the best run football club on the planet and I’m pretty sure the hierarchy are a couple of steps ahead when it comes to potential recruitment. I trust Arteta won’t be on any list and I’m happy with that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.