Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Once he goes he goes, look what happened across the road twice, once Busby and then the Piss can.

Once he leaves he can't come back other than to watch a game and enjoy.
The downward spiral started with Busby at the healm.
Their last league win in the old 1st division was 1967 followed by the European Cup.
Domestically poor after 67 a golden era for City.

Just seen a story that El Pep has donated his PL winning bonus to be shared out amongst the support staff like security, catering etc. Believed to be at least £750K.

What a guy, helping people who work long hours and don't make a lot. Can't remember who said it's not how you treat people on the same level as you, but how you treat your inferiors, that you are judged.

Having said all that, the bald fraud could've donated his CL bonus too, so the ticket office might run smoothly! :-))))

Edit apologies @EcclesBlue you were on the case yesterday! Time runs slower in Denton! '-)

Last edited:
As we’ve seen at other clubs, whoever takes over after such success will likely take on a poisoned chalice. Any serious candidate would be better advised to wait until after the inevitable failure of Pep’s successor before throwing their hat into the ring.

We're currently the best run footballing operation out there and that infrastructure doesn't go away with Pep's departure, so it should be possible to continue to achieve a decent level of success for some time if we stay on our metal.

Is anyone likely to emulate Pep? Probably not and in the eyes of the press and maybe a proportion of fans that'll be cast as failure; but that's not what counts. What counts is what the club's hierarchy considers appropriate targets.
If the club and whoever they hire share a vision of what constitutes success and the overall operation continues to function well then I don't see it as inevitable that Pep's successor will fail.

I'm inclined to agree with this. There is no better job in football. I don't think he has quite the free rein you suggest - he reports into Txiki - but he is instrumantal to the whole club's decision making and he clearly works well with his bosses as well as his staff.

He's going to get tired and he's a family man. I know this has probably never been done before but if he wanted some time off I'd give him a year or even two and stick a caretaker in and let him come back.
Don't think that would work for him or for the club and caretaker. He wouldn't be able to fully stay away in that scenario and that would be a negative for the club and whoever took the caretakers job. Imo of course

Don't think that would work for him or for the club and caretaker. He wouldn't be able to fully stay away in that scenario and that would be a negative for the club and whoever took the caretakers job. Imo of course

Difficult but Pellegrini was basically a 3 yr caretaker.

If Pep wanted a sabbatical, I'd look to accommodate it.

I think he has done enough to demonstrate that he is so exceptional, you make exceptions to keep him.

Difficult but Pellegrini was basically a 3 yr caretaker.

If Pep wanted a sabbatical, I'd look to accommodate it.

I think he has done enough to demonstrate that he is so exceptional, you make exceptions to keep him.
Pellegrini sort of backs up the point though, he did a great job but we got worse as time went on and it seemed to be that the players/board weren't fully committed to him - even the signings were seemingly made with Guardiola in mind rather than being players for his style of play.
We would probably accommodate him, but the scenario would worry me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.