Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

Probably talking nonsense, but I would like a group of either current or ex players to be integrated into the coaching staff with a view to taking over once Pep leaves.

The group I'd pick would be Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin de Bruyne, Fernandinho, Nat Ake and maybe Kyle or Boulders. All of these apart from Walker are exceptional thinkers of the game. Of course it depends if any of them fancy it.

Probably talking nonsense, but I would like a group of either current or ex players to be integrated into the coaching staff with a view to taking over once Pep leaves.

The group I'd pick would be Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin de Bruyne, Fernandinho, Nat Ake and maybe Kyle or Boulders. All of these apart from Walker are exceptional thinkers of the game. Of course it depends if any of them fancy it.
A few names to temper that idea, Hughes, Bruce, Scholes, Giggs, Ole, etc

Lovely idea but those players have to prove themselves at coaching/management level before they should be remotely considered.

Just take a deep breath first, let's see how Burnley do this season, getting out of the Championship however impressive and managing in the PL are two very different things.

Whoever takes over from Pep has an almost impossible task, for me there will be a drop off, we at this time have the finest manager of his generation at the top of his game.
I don’t think there will be a drop off……I am available.

Pep should get a statute. We should have statues around all the stadium in a ring. All done exactly like the Kompany ones.

Reading his biography, he had opposition at Bayern from both players and senior club officials, plus a major falling out with club doctors.

And famously Barca made him temporarily walk away from football.

Everything is in place for him at City. The only thing he still has to deal with is press conferences from a 3rd rate media.

In a year's time he will either be going for a 3rd CL in a row, or he'll have just lost a CL and will want to win it back. Either way he has motivation to stay at City.
Press conferences are piss easy to deal with in England compared to in Spain or places like Italy.

It’s far from certain at this point. He’s done nothing to show he’s going to replace Pep yet, he’s been managing for five minutes.
He has more experience already than Pep did when he took over Barca to be fair.

This season will show a great deal but his managerial experience in England has so far been very impressive and at a higher level than Pep had with Barca B.

So here is a question. When Guardiola leaves football management, as he will inevitably, and quite young I imagine, who is going to carry the "total football" torch? It certainly won't be copycats like ten Hag or Arteta who haven't had enough exposure to the man's thinking, knowledge and experience, imho.

It's something I have been thinking about more than Guardiola just leaving City. He has the knowledge and experience of generations passed down to him through Michels to Cruyff (and even before from "our" Reynolds to Michels) and then to him. What a waste it would be to City if that knowledge and experience isn't passed on to the next generation. And not just City, but the PL and football in general.

Is there anybody in his team that can take that on board?

Is there any chance that he can stay long enough at the club to pass that knowledge down to the next generation of coaches?

Or is it more likely that he goes back to Barcelona eventually in a board position to further develop the team there? Xavi, anyone?

Any thoughts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.