Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

The image of Pep managing England and trying to get Jordan Pickford and Maguire to play tiki taka across the defensive line is funny though. They’d end up tripping over their own shoelaces and booting it into the wrong net.
He wouldn't use them. He's got Stones, Walker, Lewis, THB, White, Rice, Sterling, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Trippier etc all there who either would suit his style or have already played in it or similar (among many others I've doubtless missed).

I watched the final on Irish TV and he did a hatchet job on the whole club (along with some other pundit I’ve never heard of), he said everything we’re doing is tarnished and the FA should hurry up and get the charges sorted, he’s heard “City are tying the FA up in legal paperwork” because we’re more or less guilty (Shay Given was also on the panel and never said a word).
Also, our win was totally against the run of play
Guinness is one hell of a drug.

Khaldoon doesn't just head up City. He does a bunch of high level jobs. He's not burning out on City or getting bored any time soon. I can't see him leaving for a long time. He oversees things for HHSM. He's staying put as long as Mansour is happy for him to do so, IMO.

Exactly, got to remember he's Chairman not CEO so he's got Sorriano to execute for him. More focus on oversight that the strategy is being delivered and the investment is delivering on its goals I would imagine.

Re Irish TV being so incredibly (Trump level) biased... had Grealish chose ROI a few years ago, City would be lauded and we could probably forget the PL charges cos the media would be infatuated by now.

If he does decide to go in 2025 (as has been suggested) you can’t blame him given the stress of maintaining City at the top for all these years but heavens, how’d you go about replacing him?

We get Captain Scarlett back.

I don't think Pep will leave the club for a long time. He's committed and still hungry for more trophies.

He could have stayed at Barcelona and won even more trophies but left them and same with Bayern Munich but he loves a good challenge and there's a good reason why he went to us in 2016.

It took him some time to develop a winning team and made some big calls in dropping and selling some big names but it paid off.

2017/18 was the start of something special and we never looked back.

I watched the final on Irish TV and he did a hatchet job on the whole club (along with some other pundit I’ve never heard of), he said everything we’re doing is tarnished and the FA should hurry up and get the charges sorted, he’s heard “City are tying the FA up in legal paperwork” because we’re more or less guilty (Shay Given was also on the panel and never said a word).
Also, our win was totally against the run of play
Sounds like it was that old dickhead Brian Kerr, he hates us and was slagging us off on another show after we beat the Gunners, Richard Dunne was also there rolling his eyes after all his comments.

Media bellends are running scared. We’ve won everything and they’ve nothing left to throw at us, so now the narrative is ‘Pep’s leaving soon you'll be shit again’. But in reality they know fuck all what Pep’s plans are, so they make shit up just like they always have.

I doubt even Pep knows when he’s leaving, probably depends on how we do in the coming seasons, the outcome of the financial charges, how he feels the club and players feel about him or his training methods in a year or two, and plenty more. Certainly some **** at Sky or The Guardian won’t have a fucking clue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.