Guidetti ...

malg said:
You know something, if he'd been at The Filth under Ferguson I reckon he'd have been given a chance by now.

He was supposed to get game time late last season before his latest injury. We simply haven't had any opportunity to play him since his awesome Feyenoord loan. He's been desperately unlucky because with so many injuries last season he could have had plenty of chances, even if off the bench.

sky tot said:
malg said:
You know something, if he'd been at The Filth under Ferguson I reckon he'd have been given a chance by now.
Difficult to achieve when he`s not fit, got to trust the professionals ..
Hasn't always been injured though. We just done give our youth a chance in the first team. Maybe it was because we were on a fast track to success, and once the winning was achieved, then youth opportunities would follow. If so, then that time is now upon us, but having just invested in 4 new players I think every one of our youth players can say goodbye to any opportunities this coming season.

malg said:
He had a virus that was eating away at a muscle.

As we've seen with Torres and Hargreaves, at Liverpool and United respectively, you shouldn't be rushing players back before they're ready.

He's not injury prone spent all season at Feyenoord and only got injured near end of season with that food poisoning thing (from eating undercooked chicken) which almost killed him...

His knee injury is purely from trying to rush him back into the EDS after his 9 months out with his virus! He was going to get his chance last season but the lad couldn't of picked a worse time to get injured/sick as he would have definitely got in the team with Aguero injured for 2 months, Dzeko's poor form and Tevez not being at his best we could have done with a 4th option!

Hopefully the lad gets back on track by September and also the video on the OS he sounds like he has picked up a slight Manc accent???

Neville Kneville said:
It's hard to tell on here sometimes whether people are taking the piss but I fear some of you are actually being serious.

No doubt. It appears some of the flappers from the Transfer Forum have migrated over.

Caveman said:
malg said:

As we've seen with Torres and Hargreaves, at Liverpool and United respectively, you shouldn't be rushing players back before they're ready.

So has his muscle completely recovered?

thenabster said:
Caveman said:
malg said:

So has his muscle completely recovered?
Apparently he's physically fit, but nowhere near top-level match fit & as has been stated previously, City don't want to rush him back too soon.

It's all a bit unfortunate for Guidetti, but he's got the rest of his career in front of him to fulfil his potential, so there's absolutely no point in risking him at the highest level until he's 100%.

The issue with the undercooked chicken is very serious (it is blood related) with long term implications for his joints and associated tissues. My mate had the same thing and could barely walk for months. Took him 18 months to get back to anything like normal. He will not go near chicken again. As a doctor he had access to all the best advice etc.

I only realised JG had the same issue recently. Sounds like he has done well to get to where he is today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.