Guitar Thread

I know the word "Beatles" is like a 7 letter swear word on bluemoon, but once you're tired of just strumming chords, their song Blackbird is a great song to learn, It covers the fret board up to the 12th fret and is a nice party piece for solo guitar. Its in the key of G Major.
I learned it 30 years ago and still love playing it.
Amazing that it was composed by a Bass player.

btw, It not a song about a bird, lines like "you were only waiting for this moment to arise" and "broken wings" was about the black people's struggle in the southern states of America, using the symbolism of a blackbird.

Last edited:
Hotel California if you want to practice Barre chords.
Doesn't matter if you fuck up, just keep strumming and go for the next chord. Don't stop if you fuck up, or you'll end up being brilliant on the first few bars and shit on the rest. Just keep practicing those changes like you did when you first learnt basic chords.

I know the word "Beatles" is like a 7 letter swear word on bluemoon, but once you're tired of just strumming chords, their song Blackbird is a great song to learn, It covers the fret board up to the 12th fret and is a nice party piece for solo guitar. Its in the key of G Major.
I learned it 30 years ago and still love playing it.
Amazing that it was composed by a Bass player.

btw, It not a song about a bird, lines like "you were only waiting for this moment to arise" and "brocken wings" was about the black people's struggle in the southern states of America, using the symbolism of a blackbird.

As an ignorant twat I had no idea about the songs meanings but I agree with you that it's a beautiful piece to learn and even more so now that you've explained the context.

Have to beat you with a blunt instrument though, about it being written by a bass player. McCartney was astounding with the things that he wrote and promoted us bass players.

Only joking, I know you know how much he contributed to music. If I only had a scrape of his genious

Bit of a cross-thread post here but I'm really enjoying learning 10 years gone Led Zep (which I decided to do after reviewing Physical Graffiti on the music review threads).

It's got loads of lovely parts to the song and at a manageable pace to play some Page.

Sounds beautiful with a touch of chorus...........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.