Gundogan back to Dortmund ?

I think Gundogan has played really well as cover for Fernandinho. He does especially well when teams sit off us. Further up field I think he's ok but nothing special.

I'd be happy to get someone else if Rodrigo comes in. Maybe Bruno Fernandez, Tielemans or Madden.
Fair point, his best position is the 6. If Rodri comes then he isn't as needed. I'd suppose he'd simply become the transition from Dave to Phil. As hell start the most games at the 8 outside of Kev. With Dave and Phil getting fewer. Dave more earlier on and Phil more towards the end of the season.

Yes thank you for pointing out something I myself pointed out.
I recognize that my response wasn't clear. I
So it should have read "Yeah, that was 3 months ago." Implying that three months was a long enough time for opinions, conditions and situations to change.

Brilliant since the turn of the year-exceptionally gifted player likely to improve again next season.

Fair point, his best position is the 6. If Rodri comes then he isn't as needed. I'd suppose he'd simply become the transition from Dave to Phil. As hell start the most games at the 8 outside of Kev. With Dave and Phil getting fewer. Dave more earlier on and Phil more towards the end of the season.

I think Phil Foden is already better than Gundogan for the advanced midfield role. If these rumours are true then I expect Ilkay knows it too.

I think Phil Foden is already better than Gundogan for the advanced midfield role. If these rumours are true then I expect Ilkay knows it too.
I disagree. I saw Foden struggle to handle the pressure late in the season.as an 8. He has potential, but he isn't better just yet. He very well might achieve that over this coming season. But he simply isn't yet

I disagree. I saw Foden struggle to handle the pressure late in the season.as an 8. He has potential, but he isn't better just yet. He very well might achieve that over this coming season. But he simply isn't yet

He did ok in the second Spurs home game, to be fair. Probably our hardest game of the last 10 in the league and he scored the winner.

I'm doubtful he will play midfield at all given the players we have there next season. Plus playing well for national team can mean nothing. Aguero been useless for ARG and same for sterling for ENG until recently, but they are vital players for city. Club and NT performance don't correlate
I don’t disagree with your comments about Club v Country. However I don’t necessarily agree about Zinny and the midfield role. If we re-sign Angelino it means we have three left backs which probably means either Mendy is gone or Zinny is moving into the midfield. I can’t I imagine the Club are ready to give up on Mendy yet and we know Zinny has the game to be able to pull off the DM role. I can definitely see that happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.