Gundogan contract situation

Should we offer him an extension beyond 2023?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like most about him and Rodri is that they are the definition of " team players"

They play to make the team plays better (Hard working, simple passes to keep possession) instead of playing to make themselves look better.

If he is moving, I hope its to Barca

Gundo will leave with our upmost respect. Classy player on and off the pitch. He dragged us over the line last season in the league. A gifted technician and when used correctly was a beast of a player. City need to look to the next 5 years. Change to the midfield is a priority.

Thanks for the thunderbastards and good luck in your next adventure.

Yaya is intelligent? wow! Never knew, I always saw him as an instinct player, explosive, unpredictable yeah, intelligent….nah
Intelligent as he instinctively knew where everyone was and could pick a pass, he was also much more dynamic than Gundog. How would you rate intelligent players is the question. I think a lot of fans just pull these type of words out of the hat without really thinking what they mean. Gundog is a good steady player and yes he will be missed at times, but he isnt a key City player in this squad, maybe because aside from KDB the team as a whole is greater than its its individual players. Gundog certainly has his limitations , anonymous in some games, but great in others. A quick opposition counter attack passes him by and his tackling makes Mahrez's look good at times as we know. I would have preferred him to stay but it isn't the end of the world. Losing Foden, KDB, Bernado , Walker, Rodriguez, Dias, Gabby, Stones or Eddie would be bigger losses for the team IMHO.

If that's the case then who's going to pay any money for him?
Maybe he leaves for free, he owes us nothing, he was a bargain and he has re-paid his fee a 1000 times.

One of the finest signing in our recent history, and that is some compliment

I hope we do give him a free or nominal fee, and he gets a lucrative contract from his new employers.

Gundo will leave with our upmost respect. Classy player on and off the pitch. He dragged us over the line last season in the league. A gifted technician and when used correctly was a beast of a player. City need to look to the next 5 years. Change to the midfield is a priority.

Thanks for the thunderbastards and good luck in your next adventure.
Agree with most of you post but not sure how he dragged us over the line last season as we won by 12 pts over the rags with a goal difference over them of plus 30.

Top, top player and very sorry to see him go.

It amuses me that when he joined and having just scored, he said he doesn't get many goals. Well for someone who doesn't rate himself in that department, he was bloody handy at it! Some players are like rabbits in headlights in front of goal (not naming any names), but others have the killer instinct. Gundo was definitely in the latter camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.