Gundogan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of a; gundogan – Silva – Fdinho midfield.

Take out Yaya and add in a great all rounder and it looks very balanced. My only concern is the physical presence and possible lack of height. Especially if we have Sterling and Aguero on the pitch then that is 5 players with a pretty low average height. One of the hallmarks of the Boby Manc side was the physical size of the team with the likes of Yaya and Barry in midfield and Richards at RB we had a number of big units alongside the CBs.

I like the idea of a; gundogan – Silva – Fdinho midfield.

Take out Yaya and add in a great all rounder and it looks very balanced. My only concern is the physical presence and possible lack of height. Especially if we have Sterling and Aguero on the pitch then that is 5 players with a pretty low average height. One of the hallmarks of the Boby Manc side was the physical size of the team with the likes of Yaya and Barry in midfield and Richards at RB we had a number of big units alongside the CBs.

Mancini's style necessitated a physically strong midfield whereas Pep's never has.

Be interesting to see who he is paired with. Don't think Fernandinho is good enough to play centrally in a Pep system. Think he might end up wider, or even has a centre back. It depends how we line up. He sometimes goes with a 3 and 3 infront. Maybe he could play on the right of either 3, although i would imagine Pep would want the wider 2 of the midfield 3 to both be able to pivot with the ball. Gundogan will most likely play in the centre of that 3. Something like....

-----------Silva-----------------------------Yaya------
------------------------Gundogan--------------------

-----Otamendi------Kompany-------Dinho-----

I'm not so sure Yaya or Silva are great fits for that particular role, but given their technical ability and their understanding of a Spanish/Barcelona style of system, i do think Pep will use them both. It's really difficult to predict how we will line up given the mess we are currently in.

It's really difficult to predict how we will line up given the mess we are currently in.
And because we haven't even bought a player yet! ;)

I don't think we'll ever see that line-up you posted. It looks like Gundogan may very well arrive, but I reckon Yaya will leave this summer, and I'm not sure Fernandinho will play in defense either. But you never know with Pep.

Be interesting to see who he is paired with. Don't think Fernandinho is good enough to play centrally in a Pep system. Think he might end up wider, or even has a centre back. It depends how we line up. He sometimes goes with a 3 and 3 infront. Maybe he could play on the right of either 3, although i would imagine Pep would want the wider 2 of the midfield 3 to both be able to pivot with the ball. Gundogan will most likely play in the centre of that 3. Something like....

-----------Silva-----------------------------Yaya------
------------------------Gundogan--------------------

-----Otamendi------Kompany-------Dinho-----

I'm not so sure Yaya or Silva are great fits for that particular role, but given their technical ability and their understanding of a Spanish/Barcelona style of system, i do think Pep will use them both. It's really difficult to predict how we will line up given the mess we are currently in.

Really don't see Yaya being here next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.