Haaland or Mbappé

Would you rather us sign Haaland or Mbappe in summer ?

• Haaland

Votes: 378 71.2%
  • Mbappe

Votes: 153 28.8%

• Total voters
Having thought about it some more, what's weird to me is comparing two players this good and asking which we'd prefer.

Whichever one you think less of, if that player signed for us and stuck around for 10 years, they could leave as our greatest ever.

My gut feeling tells me that Haaland is more of a sponge than MBappe and more willing to learn, feeling that he is less than the finished article. With Pep as a coach, this quality is vital or players feel overwhelmed and struggle with the coach's intensity.

Personally, I would rather draft Delap into the team and continue with a false 9, playing Delap when conditions allow or as an alternative option. I hope that this is one of the key years when the Academy delivers quality to the first-team squad in the shape of Delap, Lavia, McAtee and Palmer, who are all supremely capable at U23 level.

My gut feeling tells me that Haaland is more of a sponge than MBappe and more willing to learn, feeling that he is less than the finished article. With Pep as a coach, this quality is vital or players feel overwhelmed and struggle with the coach's intensity.

Personally, I would rather draft Delap into the team and continue with a false 9, playing Delap when conditions allow or as an alternative option. I hope that this is one of the key years when the Academy delivers quality to the first-team squad in the shape of Delap, Lavia, McAtee and Palmer, who are all supremely capable at U23 level.

You'd rather promote Delap than sign either Mbappe or Haaland? Seriously?

You'd rather promote Delap than sign either Mbappe or Haaland? Seriously?

They don’t understand how unfair this is to Delap lol We all want him to do well, but let’s take a breath. By the time he’s ready for the first team with Pep, it’s more likely that it would be him and Haaland than him and Jesus.

They don’t understand how unfair this is to Delap lol We all want him to do well, but let’s take a breath. By the time he’s ready for the first team with Pep, it’s more likely that it would be him and Haaland than him and Jesus.

The best youth striker city have had in my lifetime was Sturridge! He’s was immense at youth level and probably a league above delap if I’m honest. Yes injuries blighted his professional career but even Sturridge didn’t make it to the top! Now I sincerely hope delap carves out a solid career with us BUT I would put my house on him never reaching the heights of Mbappe or Haaland. And that’s not doing the lad a disservice!

I'd rather continue to play without a striker so Delap is an option. Haaland wouldn't suit such a role.

We don’t play without a striker. We played two strikers against Leicester. You will see Jesus and Haaland play together many times if he comes

We don’t play without a striker. We played two strikers against Leicester. You will see Jesus and Haaland play together many times if he comes
We played non against Dortmund, of course we play without a striker sometimes. We would probably do it less if we bought Haaland but it would still happen . I don’t even see Jesus as a true striker and if he plays with Haaland it won’t be as 2 strikers, Aguero is our only true striker apart from Delap.

I'd rather continue to play without a striker so Delap is an option. Haaland wouldn't suit such a role.

Agree with you about Haaland. Not sure Delap can play false 9 though. Mbappe can play across any of the front three. We could setup like this with sterling playing the false 9:

Foden sterling Mbappe

We played non against Dortmund, of course we play without a striker sometimes. We would probably do it less if we bought Haaland but it would still happen . I don’t even see Jesus as a true striker and if he plays with Haaland it won’t be as 2 strikers, Aguero is our only true striker apart from Delap.
We played no strikers against Dortmund and I maintain that was a mistake and I suspect it won’t be the case in Germany. Pep doesn’t believe Aguero is fit enough for a major European game yet or he would have played. See Bayern vs PSG and how much Bayern missed Lewa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.