Haaland the superstar

My dad always said that Frank Swift was the best keeper he ever saw, and that Peter Doherty was the best outfield player.

When I suggested that Colin Bell was better than Peter Doherty, he just laughed out loud and ended the conversation.

My dad thought Doherty was the best player he ever saw and Roy Paul was the best captain we ever had.

He is missing the two Norway matches due to a groin strain picked up on Saturday. Hope he’s back for Liverpool. Time will tell whether he will be a superstar, but his record so far (including before we signed him) suggests he will be, if he stays fit.

eeerm

At 22 years old, Messi won the Ballon d'Or and the FIFA World Player of the Year award, both times by the biggest voting margin in each trophy's history.

Yeah, and the Barcelona love in that everyone fell for is just starting to unravel now. If Messi shat paint onto some canvas, they would have called it a Picasso. He could do no wrong.

My dad always said that Frank Swift was the best keeper he ever saw, and that Peter Doherty was the best outfield player.

When I suggested that Colin Bell was better than Peter Doherty, he just laughed out loud and ended the conversation.
Funny that, Dad (born 1932) always said he couldnt seperate Doherty & Bell as to who was the best & the same with Trautman & Swift both great keepers,
Having said that Grandad (born 1899) & Nan used to talk about Max Woosnam being a bit special :-)

Maybe eventually, but stick him in a City kit, and now try to imagine how many Fifa world players or Ballon d'Or awards he'd have won throughout his career.

Spain had the whole thing tied up for years. Messi at 22 was nowhere near Haaland's numbers. Or Ronaldo.
messi won it for the player he was not the league he was playing in, messi and ronaldo are on another planet football wise and would of won it in any league for the numbers they were scoring.you seem quite angry about it .

knowing what we know about messi ,would you swap a 22 year old messi for haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.