Half & Half Scarves Help

Not into them as I suspect most on this site, but each to his/her own and hope you find them

There maybe a benefit in years to come, when the daughter starts dating and brings boys home. The scarves could add some welcome soundproofing. If you have a son who is doing the same, the "other" half of the scarf could be utilised instead of a sock ??

Half bitter half mild … mixed
Or
Half bitter half cider - snakebite

A pint of “mixed”. As far as I know, that was a purely northern phenomenon (may even have been purely Manc/Lancashire, for all I know). You never, ever saw it down south.
I used to enjoy a pint of mild. Until I was told it was absolute slops from the bottom of the barrel, or something like that. Then I just had to shut that knowledge out.

Wow, I’ve lived a very sheltered life. Half a mild or half a bitter when younger. Then a Bacardi and coke after I got married and now white wine spritzer or a Bailey’s or Cointreau. Not that I’ve had an alcoholic drink for 2 years! However today I am in N.Wales for a surprise birthday party for my soon to be 60 yr old son, so a white wine spritzer may be imbibed!! Might even make it two! ;-) :-)

I achieved a milestone yesterday….I drove from Eccles to Llandudno…. Not driven more than 15 miles from home since the beginning of my illness! Cheers. :-)

Wow, I’ve lived a very sheltered life. Half a mild or half a bitter when younger. Then a Bacardi and coke after I got married and now white wine spritzer or a Bailey’s or Cointreau. Not that I’ve had an alcoholic drink for 2 years! However today I am in N.Wales for a surprise birthday party for my soon to be 60 yr old son, so a white wine spritzer may be imbibed!! Might even make it two! ;-) :-)

I achieved a milestone yesterday….I drove from Eccles to Llandudno…. Not driven more than 15 miles from home since the beginning of my illness! Cheers. :-)
bottoms up Eccles ....bottoms up.

oooo errrr

Snakebite was Bitter and Cider in the 70's when only women drank Lager. Bitter and brown ale was known as a Brown Split.
yep....never heard of lager and cider.....You'd have been battered in Gorton boozers asking for that in 1976.

Lager (and lime) was a shandy drinkers drink. Of course I changed my views later in life.

Oh so it was you holding up 15 miles of traffic. The tide went out and came back in again by the time I arrived.

Wow, Eccles, Well done, never you knew were that old ;-)..hope you are well...Have a vodka, will kill the strep A in the throat..must be neat !!!

Each to their own and all that, but I also really don't get half and half scarfs. A half and half (extortionate priced) programme at a cup final is about as 'half and half as I'd get. Also, I actually quite like to wear my (Mancini style) slightly battered City scarf for 'proper' scarf purposes when it's a bit cold (so wouldn't really want another teams name round my neck!)
On old 'mixed drinks', I remember Alexi Sayle singing "mine ' s a light and bitter' in his song 'Ullo John gotta a new motor' back in the 80s. A mate of mine from Liverpool used to drink 'Chinese??' or 'Golden' I think they called it? which was half and half bitter and lager from memory.
Being someone who likes a decent, proper beer (used to have a few decent, proper beers pre match in The lass O'Gowrie' to numb the pain in the Maine Road days) mixing lager in with it would be the drink equivalent of a 'half and half scarf' to me. Each to their own and all that I suppose though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.