Handing Down Allegiance

Not a Manc myself but married a single mum from Eccles back in 1990. She already had 2 boys aged 9 and 11. The three of them, plus her sister, parents, grandparents, the whole lot of them, were Rags. When my 2 boys came along and were growing up, the influence of my stepsons, their mum and the rest was simply too much. I guess it also didn't help that the Rags were winning everything in sight while we were yoyoing up and down like a whore's draws! Fortunately, the older lad realised the error of his ways, and has been an STH with our local team (the Cobblers) for a few years now. The younger one, I'm sorry to say, is beyond redemption. Still, there is a silver lining I suppose; days like the 6-1 at the swamp, the Centurians year, all those trophies. I'm currently getting a lot of mileage out of our win at CAS (like most of them he simply refuses to accept it) and the De Gea situation.

All of my children are City fans.
All of my grandchildren are City fans.
My wife is a City fan.

Some would say that I brainwashed them all, I's say that I educated them all ;)

Hahaha...is fucking right. Solid lineage there.

His Dad did. His first away was 1st aug 2007 Shrewsbury friendly Svens first game. Spent the journey home convincing him Sven won’t be plying ishmir miller again Lol
I am not 100% certain but I think that the friendly for Svens first game in charge was vs Doncaster. And I think he had just signed Gelson Fernandes.
I stand to be corrected though.

It’s a categorical no from me and I’ve actually returned United baby clothes to relatives who know the boy is a blue. Do not give a fuck.

That being said I wouldn’t support Liverpool if it was the last club on earth and social care should be involved if that’s being forced upon a baby.

I am not 100% certain but I think that the friendly for Svens first game in charge was vs Doncaster. And I think he had just signed Gelson Fernandes.

Yeah Doncaster was the first and Shrews were one of the last and wouldn't serve beer at half time.

Your probably right. Just remember it being before the first real game under Sven and it being the lads first away. Do remember no drinks at halftime. Remember the lad insisting he wore the full new kit and getting their about 2 hours before KO and couldn’t find a pub so stood outside the ground waiting. Saw team arrive in the new exec coach remember thinking this could be the start of something then my world came crashing back down as Ishmael Miller came wobbling on in the second half. Remember Shrewsbury Fans singing who the fuckin hell are you

Not a Manc myself but married a single mum from Eccles back in 1990. She already had 2 boys aged 9 and 11. The three of them, plus her sister, parents, grandparents, the whole lot of them, were Rags. When my 2 boys came along and were growing up, the influence of my stepsons, their mum and the rest was simply too much. I guess it also didn't help that the Rags were winning everything in sight while we were yoyoing up and down like a whore's draws! Fortunately, the older lad realised the error of his ways, and has been an STH with our local team (the Cobblers) for a few years now. The younger one, I'm sorry to say, is beyond redemption. Still, there is a silver lining I suppose; days like the 6-1 at the swamp, the Centurians year, all those trophies. I'm currently getting a lot of mileage out of our win at CAS (like most of them he simply refuses to accept it) and the De Gea situation.

Thats a tough one when one side of the marriage/relationship has an alternate allegiance and i guess a case of it being fair game as you are all part of the one family unit. Would have been different I think if the influence had come from outside of the immediate family...but then great that you get that relationship going to Northampton

Its different these days. Citeh are a club children want to support. I'm born in 87 so had to put up with some right gobshites growing up in Trafford. My dad and grandad are/were both blues. I'm not sure if I was coerced or followed suit but I never felt pressured. Always proud to be blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.