Harry Kane

I think his goal record actually worked against him at times, people just assumed that was his entire game.

His overall skillset was underrated, especially compared to Gerrard.
Lampard was much better player than Slippy G

Mike McGrath is normally good right?

Although he did pen the single most poorly timed article in the history of football back in January.
Mike McGrath is trash journalist who makes things up. He is not very good at all.

He’s going on strike using euros as an excuse. Kane really wants this move it’s now or never for him. If he doesn’t go this summer. Haaland is available for his release clause next summer city will probably turn to that. So it’s now or never for Kane really.

I was under the impression that we inquired about Kane last summer and he asked to leave, but was persuaded to stay another season. That's where the the talk of a "gentleman's agreement" with Levy comes from.

If that's true, wouldn't that be a similar case to what happened with Modric and wouldn't you think Kane would be pissed off if he was denied a move again?

There has never been any suggestion that I know of to the effect that Kane asked to join City last summer. Supposedly, there was a chat between Kane and Levy during which, according to the Kane camp, Levy agreed to let Harry leave if Spurs were not competing for honours. But in that event, the agreement would have been equally dependent on another club making an acceptable offer.

Kane will be pissed off regardless. He wants to leave. He wants to win trophies. And Spurs aren't anywhere close to doing that currently. But he has always been hugely focused on personal achievements. He wants to take Alan Shearer's top all time goalscorer crown. He will want to ensure that he retains his England place and the captaincy for next summer's World Cup. He will not want to waste an entire season sulking or going on strike.

So if Spurs and City can't agree on a price and if Kane is therefore made to stay with Spurs for another season, I would expect him to continue to be the consummate professional that he has always been - no matter that he is pissed off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.