Harry Kane

Unfortunately sounds like Kane has very severe levels of spursy still in his system. Not surprised to see him bottle the strike.

Spursy definition:
‘To consistently and inevitably fail to live up to expectations. To bottle it.’

Hopefully when the move happens we are able to get that out of his system ASAP

Changes absolutely nothing

Has already made it clear he wants to leave

And Levy is clear hes not for sale and would take close to a world record fee to change that

Exactly, I’m not sure you City fans truly understand. You can’t just swan in, tap up Kane and expect us to bend over backwards on a price when he has 3 years left on his deal. Modric tried exactly the same tactic and was forced to stay another year. It isn’t in the realms of impossible that Kane stays another year and goes abroad next year like Modric. He was refused his chelsea move. If Levy doesn’t want Kane going to another premier league club, then Kane has absolutely no say in that unless he buys out his contract. If an offer comes in of the region of 160 mil from City, then you get to our table. If you are not serious, then I’m sure you can get Danny Ings for much less money. We hold the power here, not you lot.

Still want both Kane and Haaland. Kane this summer, Haaland next summer. That would be amazing.

While I will, of course, give my full and wholehearted support to any signings we make, I don’t want either because I’m not convinced that employing a traditional striker is the way forward.

I love the use of the false 9 IMO it works very well.
Last season (winning the PL, Final of the CL, winning the League Cup and Semi-Finalists in the FA Cup) was arguably the most successful season we’ve ever had and that was without a traditional striker in the main.

Would I want to bring in Kane or Haaland to be on the end of everything? Nah, I know that either would likely get 30 goals a season but worry about the downsides whereby no other player is likely to get into double figures with the play channeled to go through a striker.
What I’d like is for Torres to build on the education he had last season and a more flexible attacking midfielder to come in alongside him.
I’ll be chuffed if we get Grealish, and maybe he could be that player(?) but I do think that he’ll play deeper alongside or instead of KDB if he’s being rested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.