Harry Kane

Great player but we've got an injury prone striker who's far better for us anyway. He might be leaving next year but that doesn't mean I want another injury prone one in
Harry only missed 5 games through injury last season , hopefully he’s over the niggles of the previous couple of seasons.

We need a striker, a deadly finisher, to replace an all time great. Kane is the best man available in this window. The club clearly think so too and think we can afford it.
It really is that simple. Anything else is subjective projection and supposition.
If there hadn’t been a Euros this summer than I suspect many of the doubters wouldn’t be so triggered by recency bias about the player who won the Golden Boot and Playmaker awards only 10 or so weeks ago
I’m not sure this is the place for common sense and realism mate.

Transfer fees and FFP are really not a big deal.

If we spend £260m on Grealish and Kane, the transfer fees work out to £52m a year for the next 5 years. It's more of a future issue.

We can raise that much selling CFG players or academy players ever summer. Angelino, Harrison, Sancho and Nmecha alone work out to £50m.

IMO the wage bill getting very fat is more of an issue. Kane's wages replace Aguero's, so that's taken care of, but Grealish is likely to be on much more than Bernardo (if Bernardo even goes) and new contracts for Ederson, Stones and Sterling will push it even higher.

But the accountants know what they're doing.

Even with amortisation there's no real chance without selling a ton of players. when you think we're already doing it for all the other players we have bought in on the books.

And that's assuming the selling team is willing to take payments. else the money has to come from somewhere to be amortised.

Shhh. £160m for a 28 year old Kane will be Levy's greatest deal.

In the end, everyone will see sense and the deal wont happen.

Maybe next year.
That will never happen. Do the deal and we all can move on. You will aboslutely not get £160m or anywhere near. If Chelsea want to pay that, then good luck to them,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.