Harry Kane

This saga eerily has many parallels with the Berbatov saga, only difference is now that the side based out of actual Manchester is interested. Spurs has astonishingly remained at the same spot as they were in 2008.

I reckon both sides are calling each other's bluff atm. City are ok to wait till the deadline day as we only want Kane and nobody else. There is absolutely nothing to loose. City is ALL IN on Kane.

Either Levy shits the bed and blinks first on the deadline day and accepts ~140m and pockets it. I get a feeling he is not really interested in improving Spurs squad, would rather use it to reduce their debt and play for 7th position.

City are more than willing to go in with what we have. Nothing to loose while Spurs would have made their best player highly disgruntled. Just my 2 pence.
The only issue is do Spurs want to sell.

And if they do it will go to the wire and Levy will have to accept what's on the table.

The only issue is do Spurs want to sell.

And if they do it will go to the wire and Levy will have to accept what's on the table.

Or we will have to pay well over what we put on the table. Neither will want to be seen to have conceded on the price.

Still think a transfer request will be needed.

What difference does a transfer request make

Per general practice, if Kane has any bonuses a transfer request gives levy a saving, which can be offset agsinst the price. But it is more about perception, gives Levy an out, of the corner he has backed himself and kane along with him into. He can then pretend to have had to sell, or even wanted to do right by the club captain who wants to move etc. Which I know is the narrative already in fairness. A transfer request just enforces that more publicly. It also takes away Kane's out, as it is he can still u-turn and pretend his absence was just a misunderstanding on holiday return date, isolation, and fitness training, while everything else was just media speculation based on a loose understanding of his neville interview, which was really just about his ambition.

I still stand by the fact that if negotiating with Levy is this much of a hassle, then why are we bothering?

We have dropped negotations over players before, but now Kane is apparentlly the exception.

If we continue, then to Levy it simply shows desperation and he will continue to demand his unreasonable sum.

That has been my position from Day 1. Why bother ?

If and it is a big IF we don't sign Kane I would be frustrated as hell. Not because he didn't get Kane but because we wasted so much time.

We don't like Napoli boss, Levy is a dick, Raiola is a dick. But isn't that the game. Don't play it or just blow everyone out of the water. PSG play this - I dont give a fuck about anyone thing really good. And they ended up with Messi.

I read this interesting news from Benfica about their striker Nunez. Apparently Brighton wants him and they asked for 25 million which Brighton doesn't want to pay.

Fucking 25 million Euros! And we were quoted around 90 when they thought he was one of our target 2-3 months back.
We will get fleeced one way or the another.Better to get fleeced for a world class talent then imho!

its only to CIty he is refusing to answer))), im sure he will though if you state you will pay 160 million, the conversation then will turn into the 20million in add ons on top, if city dont agree then can jog on and sign someone else, we will stick with our unhappy player, thats our problem. There is going to come a time and i dont know when perhaps that time has already passed when its too late and 160 and 20mill add ons wont be enough.
Your deluded if you think for one minute, the starting price is close to 160m with add ons. You've already missed out on CL football so that's minimum 50m in lost revenue. Your not going to finish top 4 this season either so in total that's 100m. Its doubtful City will try again next year either. So nows the time to do this deal and 130 plus add ons will probably be Citys limit.

Levy will weaken the closer to this window gets to closing, and City know this

Per general practice, if Kane has any bonuses a transfer request gives levy a saving, which can be offset agsinst the price. But it is more about perception, gives Levy an out, of the corner he has backed himself and kane along with him into. He can then pretend to have had to sell, or even wanted to do right by the club captain who wants to move etc. Which I know is the narrative already in fairness. A transfer request just enforces that more publicly. It also takes away Kane's out, as it is he can still u-turn and pretend his absence was just a misunderstanding on holiday return date, isolation, and fitness training, while everything else was just media speculation based on a loose understanding of his neville interview, which was really just about his ambition.
City should be telling Kane this.

Per general practice, if Kane has any bonuses a transfer request gives levy a saving, which can be offset agsinst the price. But it is more about perception, gives Levy an out, of the corner he has backed himself and kane along with him into. He can then pretend to have had to sell, or even wanted to do right by the club captain who wants to move etc. Which I know is the narrative already in fairness. A transfer request just enforces that more publicly.
I wouldn’t trust levy re the bonus he could easily say ok no problem you’ve lost your bonus but we still ain’t selling for less than £160m.

i just hope/think a deal is done it’s just to quiet from ITK’s and media. I reckon both clubs just want to do all their other business with players out or in. It will be left to the final days were levy can say and smirk that he left city hanging and bleed them dry but in reality the price is probably agreed weeks

I still stand by the fact that if negotiating with Levy is this much of a hassle, then why are we bothering?

We have dropped negotations over players before, but now Kane is apparentlly the exception.

If we continue, then to Levy it simply shows desperation and he will continue to demand his unreasonable sum.

It is an important position to fill, and a bigger signing to make than generally.

Both sides know that the stubborness makes a difference in the fee, both are willing to chance it to push the other to blink first as the pressure of both time and perception builds. And with the player seemingly set on this move only, it is a straight forward starting contest now.

Ultimately the club know Levy sells. He gets what he wants, but he sells in the end. He also tends to push till the end, so even little point offering bigger earlier. Maybe it is worth waiting to save something. Maybe they've pay what they were prepared to in the first place, or maybe they overpay but get the man. The club will know how likely or unlikely it appears and would have walked away by now if it looked too far off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.