Harry Kane

This is beautifully written but I think the quality of the writing is wasted on the subject matter.

I don't think it matters.

Whatever happens, City will finished between first and fourth. Spurs will finish between third and eighth. Nothing really changes.

Levy does not care what Kane thinks. Nor does Levy think this situation damages the club. In fact, my guess is the reverse is true, he sees screwing as much as he can out of City and not taking shit from players enhances his reputation. Despite many people on here saying that Levy is incompetent, his standing with the people that matter to him - the banks - is very good (see £970m worth of loans). Plus we have between £160-£80m (depending on who you believe on here) in the bank. Nor does it put off "the best centre back in Italy" from signing for us. Money motivates him not the reputation of the chairman. And if this bloke is as good as he says he is, then in a few years you lot will be pay £200m for him. That is the business model.

Nor does Kane care what Levy thinks. When he does sign for City or United or Chelsea or whoever, he wont care about Spurs, the fans, or Levy. In fact he shouldn't now. Kane is just immature young man (like pretty much every footballer) being advised by his starstruck brother and they are both trying to make the best of their immense good fortune. And we shouldn't have problem with that.

Of course, Kane is a very good footballer, but when, in the future, I am talking to talking to the grandkids about the great Spurs players will I remember him like Perryman, Hoddle, Waddle, Klinsmann, Ginola, Gascoigne, Bale, Defoe etc? Or will you remember him like Goater, Kinkladze, KDB, Kompany, Aguero, Bell, etc?

Maybe? I am not sure.
Institutions don't lend to Spurs because they rate Levy, it's because they think they will make a return.

Levy is incompetent because he appointed Mourinho and has managed to alienate SPurs most important playin asset.

This is beautifully written but I think the quality of the writing is wasted on the subject matter.

I don't think it matters.

Whatever happens, City will finished between first and fourth. Spurs will finish between third and eighth. Nothing really changes.

Levy does not care what Kane thinks. Nor does Levy think this situation damages the club. In fact, my guess is the reverse is true, he sees screwing as much as he can out of City and not taking shit from players enhances his reputation. Despite many people on here saying that Levy is incompetent, his standing with the people that matter to him - the banks - is very good (see £970m worth of loans). Plus we have between £160-£80m (depending on who you believe on here) in the bank. Nor does it put off "the best centre back in Italy" from signing for us. Money motivates him not the reputation of the chairman. And if this bloke is as good as he says he is, then in a few years you lot will be pay £200m for him. That is the business model.

Nor does Kane care what Levy thinks. When he does sign for City or United or Chelsea or whoever, he wont care about Spurs, the fans, or Levy. In fact he shouldn't now. Kane is just immature young man (like pretty much every footballer) being advised by his starstruck brother and they are both trying to make the best of their immense good fortune. And we shouldn't have problem with that.

Of course, Kane is a very good footballer, but when, in the future, I am talking to talking to the grandkids about the great Spurs players will I remember him like Perryman, Hoddle, Waddle, Klinsmann, Ginola, Gascoigne, Bale, Defoe etc? Or will you remember him like Goater, Kinkladze, KDB, Kompany, Aguero, Bell, etc?

Maybe? I am not sure.

Spurs are a selling club, a stepping stone for really talented footballers and I would suggest that Levy's attitude is the reason why you've primarily been buying trash for the last five years. The top talents and the smart agents can see that Levy is an arsehole and getting a player stuck at Spurs isn't a good thing.

I also think that you clearly don't understand what makes a well run football club. Spurs aren't that because your footballing operation is a joke. Poch made Levy look good. Soon as he left you've gone back to being a laughing stock. Spursy.

Spurs are a selling club, a stepping stone for really talented footballers and I would suggest that Levy's attitude is the reason why you've primarily been buying trash for the last five years. The top talents and the smart agents can see that Levy is an arsehole and getting a player stuck at Spurs isn't a good thing.

I also think that you clearly don't understand what makes a well run football club. Spurs aren't that because your footballing operation is a joke. Poch made Levy look good. Soon as he left you've gone back to being a laughing stock. Spursy.
Cruel but true

Go on Billy lad.

Would you really want a squad that has Kane and Mbappe up front with Lewandowski and Halaand on the bench with Oblak, Alexander Arnold, Sterling and Van Dijk?
No. I know a lot of City fans want to win everything but I agree it is unhealthy and dare I say boring. There has to be an element of competition in the league to make it interesting. I hate games against League One teams where Pep plays his top players as it's usually over before half time. Very professional but also no competition. Would sooner see some younger kids get game time.

I would hate for us, or anyone else, to be the Munich of England.
Whilst I don't support FFP, as it was corrupt and targeted, I do think there should be controls.

No. I know a lot of City fans want to win everything but I agree it is unhealthy and dare I say boring. There has to be an element of competition in the league to make it interesting. I hate games against League One teams where Pep plays his top players as it's usually over before half time. Very professional but also no competition. Would sooner see some younger kids get game time.

I would hate for us, or anyone else, to be the Munich of England.
Whilst I don't support FFP, as it was corrupt and targeted, I do think there should be controls.
Did you think the same when we beat Gillingham in the playoff final, as ManUre were completing their treble?

What about when Arsenal had their invincible season, or when Chelsea recorded the highest points total in a season?

I do think that's fair to say that no City fan wants to see dominance (like Bayern Munich) of the Premier League, we had that with United and the media keep pushing that line and the media themselves would love JUST a red team at the top with their global fanbase and revenue that brings..... A setup like Germany or Spain or Italy is precisely what our media want.

Ironic or what

Did you think the same when we beat Gillingham in the playoff final, as ManUre were completing their treble?

What about when Arsenal had their invincible season, or when Chelsea recorded the highest points total in a season?
Yes of course I did mate. And when Liverpool were bankrolled with no controls which their cult seemingly forget ever happened. You have to admit the best games, like Gillingham, are when it's nip and tuck not when we just roll up and demolish a team (United excepted). (And Liverpool).

Knowing which team will win the league in winter is dull. Competition is healthy.

Ouch!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.