Harry Kane

think the reason we get it worse is at the back of peoples minds there is always the thought at some point Abramovich will lose interest from day one our owners have looked like they are looking to establish something long term and significant.

I agree with you, mate, and I think that's part of it. But I do genuinely think that there is also an element of racism. It may be unconscious , but it's there (and I'm no pc warrior, by the way). Americans are just about ok, because it's assumed that they're white. Abramovic? Well, he's Jewish, but at least he's white. I don't think I'm being totally paranoid about this. It's the constant collocation of "dirty" with "Arab" with "oil" that you see over and over (and hear, too, occasionally). Which opposition supporter would think of saying dirty American money? Or dirty American hedge fund money (for example)? (Well, in the case of the Glazers, admittedly, they take it out, rather than putting it back in!)

This is beautifully written but I think the quality of the writing is wasted on the subject matter.

I don't think it matters.

Whatever happens, City will finished between first and fourth. Spurs will finish between third and eighth. Nothing really changes.

Levy does not care what Kane thinks. Nor does Levy think this situation damages the club. In fact, my guess is the reverse is true, he sees screwing as much as he can out of City and not taking shit from players enhances his reputation. Despite many people on here saying that Levy is incompetent, his standing with the people that matter to him - the banks - is very good (see £970m worth of loans). Plus we have between £160-£80m (depending on who you believe on here) in the bank. Nor does it put off "the best centre back in Italy" from signing for us. Money motivates him not the reputation of the chairman. And if this bloke is as good as he says he is, then in a few years you lot will be pay £200m for him. That is the business model.

Nor does Kane care what Levy thinks. When he does sign for City or United or Chelsea or whoever, he wont care about Spurs, the fans, or Levy. In fact he shouldn't now. Kane is just immature young man (like pretty much every footballer) being advised by his starstruck brother and they are both trying to make the best of their immense good fortune. And we shouldn't have problem with that.

Of course, Kane is a very good footballer, but when, in the future, I am talking to talking to the grandkids about the great Spurs players will I remember him like Perryman, Hoddle, Waddle, Klinsmann, Ginola, Gascoigne, Bale, Defoe etc? Or will you remember him like Goater, Kinkladze, KDB, Kompany, Aguero, Bell, etc?

Maybe? I am not sure.
Give up boss....you're getting ripped a new one every day

Spurs are a selling club, a stepping stone for really talented footballers and I would suggest that Levy's attitude is the reason why you've primarily been buying trash for the last five years. The top talents and the smart agents can see that Levy is an arsehole and getting a player stuck at Spurs isn't a good thing.

I also think that you clearly don't understand what makes a well run football club. Spurs aren't that because your footballing operation is a joke. Poch made Levy look good. Soon as he left you've gone back to being a laughing stock. Spursy.

Harsh, but true. I never got this Levy is an ace negotiator because ‘he is well hard’ shite. What has it got Spurs? A couple of runner up spots and ‘stick the tail on the donkey’ approach when it comes to picking managers.

Levy is nothing more than a posturing popinjay.

Amongst all the news I totally forgot.

Gary Neville, the Pretend~ level headed rag ****, poster boy for passionate fan speeches on Sky. The man says Harry Kane is going about it the wrong way!

The SAME G Nev who started it all off by giving Kane the platform to make it known publicly that he wants gone! And for a 100m hahaha

Hypocrite cnuts

I agree with you, mate, and I think that's part of it. But I do genuinely think that there is also an element of racism. It may be unconscious , but it's there (and I'm no pc warrior, by the way). Americans are just about ok, because it's assumed that they're white. Abramovic? Well, he's Jewish, but at least he's white. I don't think I'm being totally paranoid about this. It's the constant collocation of "dirty" with "Arab" with "oil" that you see over and over (and hear, too, occasionally). Which opposition supporter would think of saying dirty American money? Or dirty American hedge fund money (for example)? (Well, in the case of the Glazers, admittedly, they take it out, rather than putting it back in!)
Its funny you should mention this, I agree with you, but a few years ago(well back before the takeover)I was living in the US and got in something of a long running disagreement with a writer for ESPN, supporting United supporters!!! Anyway is argument was that the reason United and Liverpool(they had their first American owners at the time), didn't like them was because the "English are Anti-American" not because both ownership groups weren't great. I brought up Abramovic and he felt that proved his point

I also think that you clearly don't understand what makes a well run football club. Spurs aren't that because your footballing operation is a joke.

You will need to explain why Spurs' football operation is a joke.

I do accept that we lost a Champions League final. What sort of a no-hoper club does that?

No wonder Kane wants to go somewhere where they win Champions League Finals.

You will need to explain why Spurs' football operation is a joke.

I do accept that we lost a Champions League final. What sort of a no-hoper club does that?

No wonder Kane wants to go somewhere where they win Champions League Finals.
So City are a no hoper club because we lost the final? mate ......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.