Harry Kane

Yeah, but I still think Kane's statement isn't necessarily a capitulation. If anything the absence of saying anything about continuing for Spurs is telling.
Yeah I just think he knows it's unlikely and he can't shit his hole up with the spurs fans. He's seen that Levy isn't budging on price and that Messi is available for just wages and a signing on fee. He's being realistic

After today I think it isn't happening, Kane playing damage limitation. Even though the club (Spurs) haven't backed him all week.
Also with Pep saying if Spurs want to negotiate.
Move to Messi possibly?

My take on the Kane situation is that Spurs have told him he can leave if the price is right (£160 million as quoted in the Sun?) and City won't currently meet that figure and the clubs are negotiating. If City reach the golden figure Kane will be sold imo and I don't think that figure is £160 million.

His statement today changes nothing. Lots of differing stories out there about why he hasn't been at training. All support the theory he wants to leave and come to us.

Seriously, I read this as *progress* being made. This is just another piece in the puzzle. Don't understand the disappointment at all, in fact this makes me even more sure that we're getting kane.
Trying to save face on both ends. Kinda like "We got this situation under control and we will work it out in house".

Yeah I just think he knows it's unlikely and he can't shit his hole up with the spurs fans. He's seen that Levy isn't budging on price and that Messi is available for just wages and a signing on fee. He's being realistic
Realistic or fuming with Levy, Charlie Kane and pissed City won't pay what Spurs want?

And the elephant that entered the room in Messi, the timing could not be worse for Kane.

Messi is a pipe dream at this point. I know things can change in a few days, but he made direct contact with Poch, has Neymar there, and is reported to have been in contact with PSG in the last few days by really reliable sources (as well as City sources saying that City are not interested in pursuing him). It's either Kane or bust at this point the way I see it. And as far as his statement on missing training, I see it as just damage control for the sake of reputation. I don't see it as indicating whether or not the transfer is more or less likely. I might be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.