Harry Kane

We’re not signing anyone else this window are we? Grealish in, Bernardo out. Not sure that’s enough to freshen up the dynamic of the squad after so much success.
Not when the two places we actually need players are left back and striker.

But there’s a long time to go in the window yet!

Interesting that Pep mentioned we were interested in Kane today, never mentions players we're after usually. Wonder if it's a message to the board that he's the player we really want even though Grealish is great as well
You think he doesn't speak to the board directly?

on a more broad sense, I would be really disappointed if we just didn't get a striker and relied on gabby/torres/false 9.

People can say all you want "it worked last season", but the numbers don't add up.

We scored 83 league goals last season. the 3 seasons before that? 102, 95, and 106.

If next season we go with 2 *less* strikers (aguero and delap) that would be a really bad decision.

we absolutely need a striker desperately.

It's not for a lack of options, mind. There's no reason for us to be so fixated on kane when messi is on the market for free and lukaku is on the market for ~100m.

Maybe with Pep saying we are interested (something he never does with other teams players) and Harry releasing a statement the deal maybe agreed but not made public whilst Tottenham are in the market for players. Once Tottenham have bought it will be sorted quickly. This is what happened with Jack.

Have a feeling you may well be right

You think he doesn't speak to the board directly?
Nah I get what he means. Managers sometimes have digs at the board in press conferences, of course he talks to them but like the year where he wanted Maguire, he has stated he wants Harry. I think Pep would be frustrated if we went into the season without a 9.

He was told too lay low as per Tolmie, he layed low. However Tottenham have sold him down the river on this I think. Made him look like a mercenary. Now he’s basically saying ‘I’ve done what I was told to do’ Don’t blame me. He hasn’t confirmed his commitment too Tottenham nor has he mentioned anything about looking forward too the season ahead and pushing on with Spurs.

IMO, he’ll be a city player by the end of August.
Sounds legit. Kane is no loss in August anyway ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.